Site Admin

Let's get the week started. Go F I U!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:24 pm   
Golden Panther

Let's get a win against UM!!!

(I know, crazy dreams)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:57 pm   
Golden Panther

TBH, I'm not even sure that I will attend. After last week, and last year, I am quite certain we will get pounded.

Not even sure where we hang our hat in this game...?

Offense has been almost non-existent against real teams.

Defense can't stop the run.

Special teams has been awful.

Maybe with the bye week they have been cooking up some x's and o's in order to compensate for the lack of horses.

HELP ME OUT GUYS!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:44 pm   
Golden Panther

RoaryIsMyHomeboy wrote:
TBH, I'm not even sure that I will attend. After last week, and last year, I am quite certain we will get pounded.

Not even sure where we hang our hat in this game...?

Offense has been almost non-existent against real teams.

Defense can't stop the run.

Special teams has been awful.

Maybe with the bye week they have been cooking up some x's and o's in order to compensate for the lack of horses.

HELP ME OUT GUYS!

I get where you're coming from, but you gotta be there! Anything can happen on any given Saturday. Miami is "only" an 18 point favorite. I've seen bigger upsets. It would suck to not be there in the event it does happen!

But most importantly... We don't cheer on our team only when they are good. We are all Panthers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:50 pm   
Golden Panther

This is it!!!

I wouldn't trade this entire lousy season for a Conference USA title if we can just win this one game. This is the only game I cared about winning at the beginning of the year.

Beat the lousy, over-rated, over-hyped, un-Miami, entitled, University of Coral Gables and their awful, bandwagon, disrespectful, uneducated, under-dressed, and classless so-called "fans". Those buffoons only cheer for UM because they represent their city and lack of class.

What they're too stupid to realize is that the bigger, better, and badder truly representative University of Miami is just a few miles down the road on Tamiami Trail.

Miami vs Miami State.

Let's go Miami State!!!

Official Name:
State University of Florida at Miami, or
Miami State University of Florida, or
Miami Florida State University

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:29 pm   
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:57 am   
Golden Panther

SouthPaw wrote:
This is it!!!

I wouldn't trade this entire lousy season for a Conference USA title if we can just win this one game. This is the only game I cared about winning at the beginning of the year.

Beat the lousy, over-rated, over-hyped, un-Miami, entitled, University of Coral Gables and their awful, bandwagon, disrespectful, uneducated, under-dressed, and classless so-called "fans". Those buffoons only cheer for UM because they represent their city and lack of class.

What they're too stupid to realize is that the bigger, better, and badder truly representative University of Miami is just a few miles down the road on Tamiami Trail.

Miami vs Miami State.

Let's go Miami State!!!

Ugh, why do we care so much about them?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:17 pm   
Golden Panther

PLEASE BLITZ!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:09 pm   
Golden Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:
SouthPaw wrote:
This is it!!!

Miami vs Miami State.

Let's go Miami State!!!

That university has spent decades keeping FIU down.
They get all of the attention and accolades but deserve none of it. We get none of the accolades and attention but deserve all of it.
Their athletics teams are applauded for their lack of class and sportsmanship. Our athletic teams are ignored despite their class and sportsmanship.
Our school is four times bigger.
Our school costs four times less.
Our academics are of equal quality or in many cases better.
Their students are mostly rich kids from the Northeast that only come to Miami for a vacation while attending college. Our students grew up in Miami and represent the myriad cultures that make Miami great.
Our school is a true representation of Miami. Theirs is nothing like Miami.
Their school has the Miami name in it. Ours doesn't.
Everyone knows UM is in Miami. No one (outside of Florida) knows FIU is in Miami.
FIU is Miami but no one knows it. UM is NOT Miami, but everyone thinks it is.

If you don't fight for what's yours, you're going to keep getting your lunch money stolen by the bully. FIU loves having its lunch money stolen.

Official Name:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:27 am   
Golden Panther

SouthPaw wrote:
JulesFIU07 wrote:
SouthPaw wrote:
This is it!!!

Miami vs Miami State.

Let's go Miami State!!!

That university has spent decades keeping FIU down.
They get all of the attention and accolades but deserve none of it. We get none of the accolades and attention but deserve all of it.
Their athletics teams are applauded for their lack of class and sportsmanship. Our athletic teams are ignored despite their class and sportsmanship.
Our school is four times bigger.
Our school costs four times less.
Our academics are of equal quality or in many cases better.
Their students are mostly rich kids from the Northeast that only come to Miami for a vacation while attending college. Our students grew up in Miami and represent the myriad cultures that make Miami great.
Our school is a true representation of Miami. Theirs is nothing like Miami.
Their school has the Miami name in it. Ours doesn't.
Everyone knows UM is in Miami. No one (outside of Florida) knows FIU is in Miami.
FIU is Miami but no one knows it. UM is NOT Miami, but everyone thinks it is.

If you don't fight for what's yours, you're going to keep getting your lunch money stolen by the bully. FIU loves having its lunch money stolen.

Bro, you’ve let them build a home in your head and take up residence there. I know all of this, but I want FIU to define our own identity, not have an identity that is defined by being contra to theirs’. Then we are still literally letting them define us.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:31 am   
Golden Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:

Bro, you’ve let them build a home in your head and take up residence there. I know all of this, but I want FIU to define our own identity, not have an identity that is defined by being contra to theirs’. Then we are still literally letting them define us.

He's still not wrong though. I personally take pride in FIU's colorful working class identity.

Most FIU students work their way through college. Most UM students wear boat shoes through college.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:49 am   
Golden Panther

RoaryIsMyHomeboy wrote:
JulesFIU07 wrote:

He's still not wrong though. I personally take pride in FIU's colorful working class identity.

Most FIU students work their way through college. Most UM students wear boat shoes through college.

Let’s try this exercise, let’s say three good things about FIU that have nothing to do with UM.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:17 pm   
Golden Panther

You can say great things about FIU (which I do all the time) AND take issue with UM's complete repression of FIU through the years.

If you don't stand up against the bully, you're just perpetuating the problem. FIU students and alumni haven't stood up all these years and look where it's gotten them: national irrelevance.

So keep doing and saying nothing. And keep expecting national irrelevance.

Or maybe, just maybe, a few of students and alums will someday want something more than being a little-known irrelevant baby brother to UM.

A loser mentality perpetuates losing.

Official Name:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:54 pm   
Golden Panther

SouthPaw wrote:
You can say great things about FIU (which I do all the time) AND take issue with UM's complete repression of FIU through the years.

If you don't stand up against the bully, you're just perpetuating the problem. FIU students and alumni haven't stood up all these years and look where it's gotten them: national irrelevance.

Or maybe, just maybe, a few of students and alums will someday want something more than being a little-known irrelevant baby brother to UM.

In my experience, it is the person that lets their opponent build a home in their head that loses.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:11 pm   
Golden Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:
SouthPaw wrote:

In my experience, it is the person that lets their opponent build a home in their head that loses.

If a bully steals your lunch money and you're mad about it, has he built a home in your head? If so, then yes, UM has built a home in my head.

That's a lot better than letting a bully build a home on your property. I guess you'd sit back and do nothing about it if a bully stole your lunch money. After all, he'd be building a home in your head if you got upset about it. Maybe you'd even bend over and say "thank you sir, may I have another?"

Be 100% honest... we're you a UM fan growing up?

Official Name: