It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:48 pm

GAMEWEEK 11: um @ F I U

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:03 am   
Juvenile Panther

Congrats on the win from a UCF fan! Take comfort in the fact that we're all laughing at Miami.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:24 am   
Cougar

Great win for this program. We’ve come a long way indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:25 am   
Golden Panther

Manny can cut the u off the 305 chain and give it to us, that $$$$ don’t belong to him no more. Paws Up!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:24 am   
Golden Panther

What an amazing night! I still can’t believe this just happened, and I’m so glad I was there to witness it! To be there after being there all these 17 years as a diehard fan.....Thank you Coach Davis, staff, and players to give us this moment.

Go Panthers!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:38 am   
Golden Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:
Manny can cut the u off the 305 chain and give it to us, that $$$$ don’t belong to him no more. Paws Up!

Haha Anthony Wint was on twitter asked if they had pawned it... Ultimate troll. lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:30 am   
Golden Panther

How about Sage calling Miami UCG? I died at that one. They clearly read this board. :lol:

Also, special shout out to the pots and pans brigade greeting the team on campus and the kids at the GC fountains. Hilarious Twitter moments.

Man, what a monster win. And, funny enough, it happened while I'm in Memphis celebrating the Bar Mitzvah of one of my nephews. His dad is your typical FIU alum who doesn't care about football. Kept saying FIU would blow it, though that was more to piss me off than anything else. I was bringing the roof down all night with every score. Even managed to get his youngest son into it. It was great!

I don't want to dampen the excitement much, but this was a perfect storm win. Miami's QB was hot garbage all night long. Why Diaz didn't pull him after pick #4, I don't know. And Miami had zero fire until it was 23-3. If they had showed up sooner, they win. They're clearly the more talented team. But talent doesn't always matter.

FIU didn't play totally clean but didn't make big mistakes, either. O was consistent and took advantage when they had to, mostly. D was fire most of the game. Finally showed a pass rush worth a $$$$. And special teams was special. Borregales' field goals were as big as they could be short of a game winner. Clutch City right there.

I don't care what else Butch does at FIU. This win alone was worth the hire. He just proved FIU can matter in college football. By no means does this win change the little brother complex FIU has with UCG, but this was definitely a demon which was exorcised. Watching the local recruiting wars will be a lot more interesting after this.

Also... for the FAU fans who say Miami isn't our real rivals... look at the reactions from FIU fans after this W. We never got this geeked beating FAU or anyone else. I hope we do one day, but it ain't today.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:34 am   
Cougar

Also wished FIU switched to real grass instead of the current artificial turf.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:17 am   
Site Admin

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:23 pm   
Golden Panther

Does anyone know where I can find a full replay of the game? I would love to watch it again.

Last night was a dream come true folks. We still have to prepare for Marshall and hopefully a bowl game, but I am going to savor this game for a while to come.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:27 pm   
Site Admin

Who’s down for a city champs billboard on us1?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:43 pm   
Golden Panther

FIUPantherFan wrote:

Shades of 1992. I'll donate a few shekels. GoFundMe?

Also... because it's too funny... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 1504397934

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:48 pm   
Puma

RoaryIsMyHomeboy wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find a full replay of the game? I would love to watch it again.

Last night was a dream come true folks. We still have to prepare for Marshall and hopefully a bowl game, but I am going to savor this game for a while to come.

Bump. Need this

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:29 pm   
Golden Panther

FIUPantherFan wrote:

I'll throw a couple bucks to help rub it in.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:30 pm   
Golden Panther

I’m in!

Official Name:
State University of Florida at Miami, or
Miami State University of Florida, or
Miami Florida State University

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:36 pm   
Golden Panther

Clawing Cancer wrote:
I don't want to dampen the excitement much, but this was a perfect storm win. Miami's QB was hot garbage all night long. Why Diaz didn't pull him after pick #4, I don't know. And Miami had zero fire until it was 23-3. If they had showed up sooner, they win. They're clearly the more talented team. But talent doesn't always matter.

Honestly, FIU looked like the more talented team last night. The score really wasn't indicative of the game. I even heard some canes commentors on 560, which I only tuned into to hear the meltdown, commenting after the game how they felt FIU dominated and looked like the better team. UM only made the score close at the end because FIU went super conservative to waste clock on offense and the defense went conservative as well. UM just didn't have enough time to come back, canes fans started leaving early in the 4th qtr. I was at the game and it just seemed like FIU was the team playing with swag and confidence not UM.

FIU finally played up to the preseason hype.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next