It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:14 pm

My takeaways from the Miami-FIU game

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:10 am   
Cougar

1) FIU's recruiting in the 305 just got a hell of a lot easier.
2) Butch Davis is FIU's schnelly. He's now your icon. If he retired after this year, you would build a big statue of him in your stadium.
3) If FIU doesnt start fundraising for THE stadium today your admin are retards.
4) All your games with Miami and all your home games with FAU should be played at Marlins park until you have a Bowl worthy on campus stadium
5) Your defense won that game.
6) FAU whipping your ass was the best thing ever to happen your season. It made your team mad as hell and you took it out on Miami.
7) FIU can have more than one rival.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:37 pm   
Site Admin

I like you Voss but why would we move an FAU home game when we don’t get over 10,000 at them. It would look worse in Marlins stadium. Also, this doesn’t happen for fau.....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:22 pm   
Site Admin

Better one.....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:51 pm   
Site Admin

This doesn’t happen for an fau win.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:16 am   
Golden Panther

voss749 wrote:
2) Butch Davis is FIU's schnelly. He's now your icon. If he retired after this year, you would build a big statue of him in your stadium.
3) If FIU doesnt start fundraising for THE stadium today your admin are retards.
4) All your games with Miami and all your home games with FAU should be played at Marlins park until you have a Bowl worthy on campus stadium
6) FAU whipping your ass was the best thing ever to happen your season. It made your team mad as hell and you took it out on Miami.

1. Ye.
2. Pretty much.
3. Pretty much.
4. Miami, sure. FAU? Slow down there...
5. Sure did! And José.
6. I mean... Kinda.
7. Doesn't it already?

Profile WWW ICQ  
 PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:12 pm   
Golden Panther

voss749 wrote:

1) Agreed.
2) Not sure about that just yet. But he certainly was worth the hire just for this game alone.
3) Still not crazy about expanding the stadium until we sell out what is there consistently, but I'm all for a canopy and aesthetic improvements. Especially if it makes the fan experience better. That has to be paramount.
4) FAU at Marlins Park? Why? That's not a compelling neutral site for that rivalry. I'm not sure neutral works for FIU-FAU based on past attempts anyway. But if I were to try it again, I'd say the new Lockhart facility Inter Miami is building. Broward makes more sense as neutral ground for both schools. But I think home-away is better for now until there's more fan interest.
5) D was the catalyst, but all phases were at least solid.
6) FIU would've been geeked for Miami anyway had they beat FAU. But a loss like that probably did fuel the fire more.
7) Sure. Believe me, I would love to keep playing FAU. You're the one constant on the schedule since 2002. I would hate to see that go away. It's fun to hate you guys.