It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:10 pm

2020 football schedule released

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:33 pm   
Golden Panther

Only five home games this year. FIU plays 7 bowl teams from last year. Ouch.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:44 am   
Golden Panther

Building A Dynasty wrote:
Only five home games this year. FIU plays 7 bowl teams from last year. Ouch.

Thoughts?

If I could find the poop emoji, I'd use it right now. This schedule is straight caca.

Where to begin...

- Not. A. Single. P5. School. What the hell are they doing over there? How do you expect people in Miami to get excited without playing at least one P5 school? Good grief.

- Nothing against UCF because they're $$$$ good and I'll probably go to that game... but they should not be the toughest team on FIU's schedule. Having said that, at least we got one Florida school outside of FAU for a road game.

- Gotta have at least 6 home games. No excuse for that in my book for a Florida school unless you're body bagging hard. If we're only going to have 5 home games, why not make one of those road games a paycheck and a chance to beat someone good? At least people might get excited then.

- This team's going to log a lot of miles outside of UCF. The very west part of Texas... Massachusetts... two Virginia stops... NC and KY. If we're going to travel that much, at least play some teams worth a $$$$ to casual fans.

- No way should Halloween be the 3rd home game of the year. Ever. That's just dreadful scheduling. Half the season's gone by that point. Unless FIU is doing very well, that game could draw crickets. At least it's Marshall; they're one of the few CUSA teams most casual fans recognize.

- Why play the Liberty game on the road, especially with 5 home games? Seems strange to do that, especially since they have problems scheduling. They should've been a home game this year and go there next year.

- If we have to play FCS (not that we should), can we at least get someone who might draw fans to FIU? Say, FAMU or BCU? It's basically a glorified scrimmage, but at least they have decent bands. For the very first home game after the Miami upset, that's a pitiful opponent. It might draw decent because of that and it being the home and season opener, but that's about all the positive I can muster for that game.

- Why don't we play FAU on Thanksgiving weekend? I don't get that. That should be the rivalry weekend in general for CUSA.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:16 am   
Golden Panther

I second Clawing here. Not very exciting.

I will be at UCF though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:10 pm   
Golden Panther

Jacksonville State? Seriously? Wonder if I can smuggle my own hot dogs in? Or at least the onions. Think I'd have to throw my chopped onions in the barrel?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:49 am   
Golden Panther

Seriously... OOC schedule is as follows:

- Jacksonville State (09/05)

- UCF (09/12)

- Liberty U. (09/24)

- UMass (10/24)

*sigh*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:00 pm   
Golden Panther

Tough schedule, 3 out of 4 OOC games can easily be losses. JSU is a very good FCS team.

This is actually a tough schedule, but with no big name home OOC teams I don't expect a big jump in attendance sadly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:36 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Awful schedule. 5-7, 4-8 with no big names. I know we don't get to pick the conference dates, but the balance is terrible. Crikets at the stadium this year. Pete you've got go. The sooner the better.

Oh, and your baseball schedule sucks too. NO big names and patsies (we hope) to pad the stats and maybe finally have a winning schedule. Kinda like basketball playing Keiser. Hit the road Pete.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:00 pm   
Golden Panther

Man, if you guys feat that OOC schedule we are in trouble. I think we'll be better next year than 99% of people on this board think, as long as our QB isn't named Kaylan. If we go 10-2, who cares what the schedule was?

Official Name:
State University of Florida at Miami, or
Miami State University of Florida, or
Miami Florida State University

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:15 am   
Golden Panther

FIU Beisbol wrote:
Tough schedule, 3 out of 4 OOC games can easily be losses. JSU is a very good FCS team.

This is actually a tough schedule, but with no big name home OOC teams I don't expect a big jump in attendance sadly.

On what planet? Jax State may be a tough FCS, but still FCS. Liberty and UMass might as well be FCS; they're two of the weakest sisters in FBS, though Liberty really is improving fast. This is absolutely not a tough schedule. Or, at least, it shouldn't be for FIU.

My big beef is the serious lack of a big name school. UCF should not be FIU's marquee opponent on the schedule. Maybe the home schedule, but not the overall schedule.

SouthPaw wrote:
Man, if you guys feat that OOC schedule we are in trouble. I think we'll be better next year than 99% of people on this board think, as long as our QB isn't named Kaylan. If we go 10-2, who cares what the schedule was?

If FIU goes 10-2 with that schedule, no one will care because the schedule was that weak. It's tough enough to get respect in G5. Putting out a joke schedule like that just makes it even harder to establish cred, especially with potential fans.