It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:07 pm

RANTS

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:47 pm   
Juvenile Panther

gpantera wrote:
Chill pill? Anyone? Anyone?

Since the hater-aid is in full effect, I won't pile on. All the reasons to vomit in your mouth are well chronicled on this forum. No need to add fuel to the fire.

Instead of hating on the attendance figure of 11K (which by the way I believe was more like 13K), I'll chose to congratulate the thousands of FIU Panther Fans that did show up. The Panther Network thanks you and asks you for two things:

1 - Please come back
2 - Bring someone new with you

If we do this, we'll be sold out. The stadium seats 18K. If the 11K brought just one new person, that's 22K. "but gpantera, if 22K show up, then we'd be at standing room only?" You guys are quick. Now wouldn't that be a problem we'd all love to have?

As for jdsippin, I grossly discount anything he/she says. I'm not sure what happened to this once optomistic Panther, but the last 50 posts or so, every comment is drenched in pessimism. With friends like that, who needs enemies? I'm sure we'll get an earful on how jdsippin is just keeping it real. I think that's a cop out.

Keep the faith. It's a choice. Go Panthers!

wow… all these posts and I get called out for being pessimistic…and I even said the season is young and they can change this with conference wins… hmmmmm?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:10 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Our team is young, and not very good at very many positions. The only problem with 'bring-a-friend' is that the people that did, for the first game, seem to now have really displeased friends. The non-FIUers I tried to bring changed their minds, but that's their problem. I was sitting next to a few non-FIUers who sounded very dissapointed being there, most definately not wanting to come back, and letting their FIU hosts know about it. I will keep coming to the games, but bringing a friend that has no FIU roots is kind of tough. There is just no incentive for them to come. Like I said, i will keep supporting our team, and I will keep the optimism through Conference play. I just don't know what to tell non-FIUers when they ask me why they should come to a game.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:27 pm   
Puma

Look at this play......... now tell me..... what do you see wrong with this picture?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:32 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Point is, Athletics really needs to step it up. I don't care what recession we're in. There's hundreds of ways to market our games and team for low costs. We need to first and foremost get the word out to every one of the 40,000 students here at FIU. Contact the Alumni Association and bombard the alumni with phone calls, e-mails, and magnet football calendars. We need everyone here! There's such an untapped group of Golden Panthers that don't know about the games because our inept Athletics Department is lazy, and isn't doing their job. Horrible job Athletics!! Ugh, I'm so pissed!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:16 pm   
Cougar

Everyone needs to relax. Conference play hasn't even started and people are jumping ship. If you decide to jump ship, do the rest of us a favor and don't come back. If you can't stick with them during the bad times, you don't deserve to be there for the good ones. Reading all of this crap is what makes me sick to my stomach.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:44 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Are these pictures of our O-line getting dominated by 3 defensive linemen? How sad......

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:53 pm   
Juvenile Panther

There's a lot of talk here about UM bandwagon fans. Well, it's time to put your money where you mouth is at. Don't kick a dog when it's done...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:19 am   
Cougar

GoldenPantherFan wrote:
Everyone needs to relax. Conference play hasn't even started and people are jumping ship. If you decide to jump ship, do the rest of us a favor and don't come back. If you can't stick with them during the bad times, you don't deserve to be there for the good ones. Reading all of this crap is what makes me sick to my stomach.

Real fans have emotions, we get upset and say stupid things. Yet we root for our team regardless of the consequences, you cant blame us for being pi$$ed off about our performance this last 2 games. Anyhow most of the rants have nothing to do with the football team but with the debacles we call athletic and marketing departments at FIU.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:18 am   
Golden Panther

blkpanther wrote:

Well Let me list the issues I had with the game.......

1. Coaching SUCKS..... Our coaches have display a lack for making timely adjustments. Be it game by game or after the half ....or on the fly.

....Poor play calling ...... I guess that we will have issues with the coaching since in reality we have a very green coaching ....staff with only 1 coach who has been a coordinator in the league & he was a co-coordinator. SO just like everywhere else ....on the team we will have growing pains.

2. The Oline is playing below par. But here again I think coaching and adjustments are to blame again. If the blitzing all night ....well keep in 7 or 8 if you need to block. BRING IN THE BACK UP OLINE and make the starters sit for a quarter.....

3. PAUL McCALL - I don't Care how much of the coaches, bloggers & fans are on a lovefest with PMC I believe that he is also to blame for a lot of his sacks, pressures and hits this season. HE is CONFUSED, watch the film he does not know where the pressure is coming from. He does not know what he is looking at.

... He is off with his throws for the last two games.

I agree with everything you say here bp. FIU was down 17-0 before we knew what hit us. Our first two offensive series were 3-and-out, with about as much vanilla as I care to stand. Our first play of the game was a dive into the middle of the line; Toledo's first play was a 9 yd. quick-out, setting up 2nd and short.

This is the same broken record with MC and his coaching staff as before, we get off to slow starts and end up playing catch-up all night. We had unbeleivable field position all night long, due to the fact that they will not kick to T.Y. I think our stating field position, for the most part, was our 40 yd. line.

The defense can not make-up for the short-comings of this offense. Fortunately we'll have a real D-I QB coming in next year. When the game was on the line (1st Q.) PM could not make the throws, simple as that.

Hopefully things will get better next week.

"...before I go I wanted to verify what you good people have long suspected of this paper’s coverage of FIU sports." Pete Pelegrin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:52 am   
Puma

You cannot pin everything that happened offensively last Sat. on the OLINE. I for one know they are not playing great football right now but, after re-watching the game a couple times, I can tell you that in the first half PMC stunk it up.

In Shotgun, he had time to hit the quick outs and slants that should take no longer than 2 sec and he throws high or leads the WR too much. If he was a accurate on Sat as he should be, we would have scored twice.

He cannot elude pressure... because he does not know where the pressure is coming from [I blame that on coaching]. I really aint care when some of yall coming with the Wayne Younger Sucks and all. MY POINT is Paul dropped the ball just like the OLINE. Try extend the play get out of the pocket. 6 people can be blitzing you and there is no one open. You just cant see them because you standing in a crumbling pocket. Pick you feet up and run so you can throw.

Now lets get ready for next week.

And you cant blame a D that been carrying the team for 3 weeks, the type of offense Toledo runs the same personel stays out on the field and cant get a sub. They gonna be winded by the end of the game and that's why they aint tackle.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:00 pm   
Golden Panther

Right, Paul had many times where all he needed to do is to step up in the pocket and it would have bought him another 3 seconds. He did make a nice pass on TY TD but for the most part he just whipped it into the ground or sailed it over open receivers.

I wish FIU would schedule a home cup-cake so they could feel what it is like to play with a lead and gain some confidence. Even the coaches are 'playing' scared.

"...before I go I wanted to verify what you good people have long suspected of this paper’s coverage of FIU sports." Pete Pelegrin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:09 pm   
Puma

GoldenPantherFan wrote:

I agree with goldenpanthersfan 100%. I can't believe the amount of negativity i am reading after 3 Non-Conf. games . You guys make it sound like we got killed by Western Kentucky... Toledo is no easy opponent... They lead the country in Offense & we UPSET them last season... You guys thought bevcause we beat them last year, this year it was a given W & it is not. Every football program is trying to develop every season, just like we are...

Reading all this grabage makes me sick.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:35 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Jsuarez88 wrote:
GoldenPantherFan wrote:

I agree with goldenpanthersfan 100%. I can't believe the amount of negativity i am reading after 3 Non-Conf. games . You guys make it sound like we got killed by Western Kentucky... Toledo is no easy opponent... They lead the country in Offense & we UPSET them last season... You guys thought bevcause we beat them last year, this year it was a given W & it is not. Every football program is trying to develop every season, just like we are...

Reading all this grabage makes me sick.

Agree 100%. The fact of the matter is that we lost against quality opponents who are simply better than us at the moment. I'm still confident about the season and truly believe that we match up well against any of our conference opponents.

btw, I attended the game with my brother who is also an alumnus and a cousin and friend who aren't. They were into the game just as much as my brother and I and despite the loss, we had a great time. They didn't even mind having to cough up the $15. We plan on being there again against Troy and I have invited another cousin (non FIU alumnus) to join us and he too will be going. My point is that not all is lost nor negative. One more point: Reading this board and some of the comments over at the herald blog, it seems like some are going out of their way to criticize every minuscule thing FIU is doing to present the game. While most of the critiques are valid, some are really absurd and petty. Lets worry about what we as fans can control and that is to show up to games, spread the word and support our team unconditionally.

GO PANTHERS!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:44 pm   
Golden Panther

Imagine how the Toledo folks felt after we beat them last year ?? Seriously.....they had to be suicidal losing to us right ? Look it's a disappointing loss, but it can be corrected and thank the good lord it was a non-conf game. This is a young team with minimal depth on both sides of the lines. Now let's get it going for SBC play.

More concerning to me was the lack of a packed house for the home opener, this unacceptable and a slap in the face to the coaches, staff, administration and players. It's easy to point fingers at ATHLETICS, but we are not taking into consideration the competing forces at play leading up to home games and gameday operations. The University needs to look at this at the highest levels, thank GOD the game was not televised. We can oversimplify the point of the student +1 policy, but that is not the problem. It boils down to ONE THING, there is no consistent message coming from FIU. This is a sales process and alumni are the key to getting a loyal following. Bringing guests is awesome, but FIU should focus at growing organically from within.

I don't care what your POLITICS might be, but a clear a consistent message is what got President Obama into the Oval Office, his campaign had it's share of set-backs but they always stayed the course and forged ahead. Any successful business identifies their target market and delivers a consistent sales/marketing message to it. Right now they need to focus on the game-day experience and not the product on the field. This is about establishing tradition, loyal fans show up rain or shine and support their team. Our tailgate must of had close to 100 people and I know that everyone enjoyed themselves.

Ultimately, it is about the game and competition...next year Mario will have signed 4 classes and have players with 3 full years in the program and about 1 year with a fully functioning FIELDHOUSE. Most BCS teams are playing with 4 and 5 year seniors on the field and in the 2 DEEP. We are just not there yet, but getting closer.

Trust me, I was bummed out all day yesterday and took this TOLEDO loss very hard. Let's put this behind us and find more students and alumni to experience "Gameday" with us against TROY !!!!!!!!!!!!

STAY FOCUSED PANTHERS !!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:46 pm   
Puma

I dont understand...... aren't fans allowed to get emotional..... voice their concerns and their disappointments? Their observations and suggestions?

What are we to be Yes men/woman? blind sheep? giving constructive criticism is a crime now. I believe that some peeps may be toeing the line with their feelings but hey that how they feel let em get it out and come back next week and I am sure most will still be cheering for their team. Options are like a**h*les everybody got one & this is the forum for them to express it.

I for one am not disappointed in the losses, but the way we lost it the rubs me the wrong ways. If you aint wanna read it scroll down, cause I ain't ...... well you can finish the rest..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next