It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:39 am

FIU vs FGCU

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:14 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Very satisfied with play so far. Tomorrow will be a good test on the road against at program that made national headlines just a couple of years ago. Certainly not as talented as they once were, still, a convincing victory might begin to make believers of the skeptics. Go FIU!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:05 pm   
Golden Panther

Hope we notch a big W there. Go Panthers!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:40 pm   
Golden Panther

FIU is currently 6-1, tied for our best start in team history. Win tonight and we will rewrite the history books as an 8-1 team start. FGCU may not be a headline team like they were a few years ago, but they are still a good team. Today will probably be one the toughest test we've had so far this season.

The game is at FGCU but can be seen on ESPN+.

Go Panthers!!!

Last edited by FIU Beisbol on Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:50 pm   
Golden Panther

Wow, FIU comes back from 14 down in the first half to win 81-80. A thriller! Our best start ever at 7-1!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:58 pm   
Golden Panther

A back and forth game. Nice win for our Panthers! Beard ended up the game on fire. Go Panthers!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:53 pm   
Golden Panther

Biggest issue was fouls and turn overs. But a win is a win.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:35 pm   
Site Admin

Haven't really posted much on the team because I'm waiting to see if they're going to be good. The schedule has been super soft and I really don't think we are seeing if they're going to contend in CUSA or not yet. Arkansas should be telling, I'm not saying they need to win, but I'd like to see if they compete. A good CUSA team should be able to compete with a middle tier SEC team. We shall see.

On the + side, our OOC schedule is always soft and we are usually under .500, so that's definitely an improvement.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:05 am   
Golden Panther

FIUPantherFan wrote:

Haven't really posted much on the team because I'm waiting to see if they're going to be good. The schedule has been super soft and I really don't think we are seeing if they're going to contend in CUSA or not yet. Arkansas should be telling, I'm not saying they need to win, but I'd like to see if they compete. A good CUSA team should be able to compete with a middle tier SEC team. We shall see.

On the + side, our OOC schedule is always soft and we are usually under .500, so that's definitely an improvement.

Well FIun lost by about 30 to Arkansas. I think Arkansas is an upper tier SEC team. They played really well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:31 pm   
Site Admin

Western Kentucky, at 5-4, just beat that same Arkansas team. The record is misleading and that's why there's not much hype. As a team, they are fun to watch, up and down, pretty cool to see. BUT, this pressure defense is lame! It allows easy buckets all over the place and we end up in back and forth games with middle to lower caliber teams and getting run out of the building to good teams. Not sure how I feel about it to be honest. Go F I U!

FIU Beisbol wrote:
FIUPantherFan wrote:

Well FIun lost by about 30 to Arkansas. I think Arkansas is an upper tier SEC team. They played really well.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:03 pm   
Golden Panther

FIUPantherFan wrote:
Western Kentucky, at 5-4, just beat that same Arkansas team. The record is misleading and that's why there's not much hype. As a team, they are fun to watch, up and down, pretty cool to see. BUT, this pressure defense is lame! It allows easy buckets all over the place and we end up in back and forth games with middle to lower caliber teams and getting run out of the building to good teams. Not sure how I feel about it to be honest. Go F I U!

FIU Beisbol wrote:
FIUPantherFan wrote:

WKU is a much better team than FIU right now. If FIU finishes the season about 500 I'll be happy.