It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:39 pm

FIU Men's Basketball tonight vs Mississippi State at 8pm

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:29 am   
Golden Panther

FIU's basketball season begins tonight vs Mississippi State at 8pm. where's the hype??? Let's get ready to ball!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:09 am   
Golden Panther

I watched most of the game. The team played very tough, but got very sloppy on offense at times, especially at the end of the first half. FIU did force a lot of turnovers (18), but also turned the ball over 17 times themselves. Can't do that. The team also shot 7/26 from 3 (27%), which is pretty bad. The defense is smothering and will keep them in basically any C-USA game, but for them to turn the corner, the offense has to pick up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:43 pm   
Site Admin

Agreed, I was pretty impressed, I thought the defense was definitely better than last year. It seems more organized and there were a lot less easy lay ups than last year, which is good. Looks like the St. Johns transfer didn't get his clearance yet but I feel that's our biggest rotational need, another large body to throw out there. I'm pretty excited to see how this season plays out as I think we will be competitive in CUSA. Unfortunately the non-conference schedule is a joke, but what are you going to do.

Go F I U!

Building A Dynasty wrote:
I watched most of the game. The team played very tough, but got very sloppy on offense at times, especially at the end of the first half. FIU did force a lot of turnovers (18), but also turned the ball over 17 times themselves. Can't do that. The team also shot 7/26 from 3 (27%), which is pretty bad. The defense is smothering and will keep them in basically any C-USA game, but for them to turn the corner, the offense has to pick up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:52 pm   
Site Admin

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:29 pm   
Golden Panther

We lost a close one, but had the leas in the first half for a while. I'm impressed, they looked good. Plus, I love the new uniforms. Never was a fan of the gold unis. Hope we go with mostly blue uniforms this season.

This team should make some noise in the conference. We are underrated by our conference peers.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:21 am   
Golden Panther

FIU Beisbol wrote:
We lost a close one, but had the leas in the first half for a while. I'm impressed, they looked good. Plus, I love the new uniforms. Never was a fan of the gold unis. Hope we go with mostly blue uniforms this season.

This team should make some noise in the conference. We are underrated by our conference peers.

I really dig the blue uni's, too. Glad to see there's a "Panther head only" trend going. I think that looks awesome.

For some reason, my ESPN feed was giving me hell watching this game. I couldn't see any of it. :roll:

I'll be very curious to see how FIU develops this year. I really think we've found a gem in Ballard. Hopefully he sticks for a while.