It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:00 pm

NCAA investigating Memphis basketball and Calipari

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:39 pm   
Golden Panther

Pretty interesting information coming out where the NCAA is investigating the Memphis basketball program for allegations of fraudulent SAT test by a player, who is presumably Derrick Rose, in the 2007-08 team coached by now Kentucky coach John Calipari. This thing could damage, not only Calipari, but Memphis...and Kentucky as well. While still a long shot...I wonder if Latavious Williams keeps Memphis as his destination next year...or if this opens up his recruitment once again....

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/05/27/cali ... more-17073

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:57 am   
Golden Panther

if he signed i believed he is tied to memphis unless they let him go

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:58 am   
Puma

I doubt this will hold against their scholarships this year. If anything it will affect next years...

& talk about officials being slow! D.Rose already finished his Rookie of the Year campaign... this happened more than two years ago...

But if for some reason this does affect some of this years schollies,
1. I doubt they'll let go of HIS scholarship
2. We do have a small chance of getting him, as Georgetown has probably used all their schollies up, and I know we have atleast one left.

We should add one more high school recruit though

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:17 am   
Puma

From what i have read he signed a scholarship letter not an LOI and thus, the school is binded to him and not him to the school. At least until she starts school. Furthermore, recuit dont sign LOI after the late signing period ends, which was May 20th

Its may affect their recruits this year if the are banned from post season play. And can the moderator check why my work IP is blocked it kinda sucks posting from an iphone

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:31 pm   
Golden Panther

blkpanther wrote:
From what i have read he signed a scholarship letter not an LOI and thus, the school is binded to him and not him to the school. At least until she starts school. Furthermore, recuit dont sign LOI after the late signing period ends, which was May 20th

Its may affect their recruits this year if the are banned from post season play. And can the moderator check why my work IP is blocked it kinda sucks posting from an iphone

Exactly. Since he signed after May 20, there's no LOI, just a scholarship letter, so unless he registers there, he can actually sign and register for any other college (not saying that it would happen, though). Only players that sign LOI's are bound to that college...and viceversa...unless waivers are granted and signed by both parties.