It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:36 am

2015-2016 Roster

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:02 pm   
Site Admin

I wanted to get a listing of the players that will are tentatively returning and those that have currently verbaled.

Returning (tentatively as I think a couple will transfer out)

PG-Ray Rodriguez, Jr. - 6'2, 180 - Improved towards the end of the season, should contribute next year
C - Adrian Diaz, Sr. - 6'11, 230 - The only sure thing on the team, needs to be the leader and dominate inside
PF - Hassan Hussein, So. - 6'9, 205 - Didn't see much of the freshman, needs to hit the weight room and bulk up
G/F - Jason Boswell, Jr. - 6'6 205 - Injured to start the year, very inconsistent, I think he has good talent
G/F - Dominique Williams, Jr. - 6'7 205 - Improved from his freshman year and became a contributor. If he continues to improve, he could be a good 3rd scoring option
PG - Tashawn Desir, Sr- 5'10 178 - I was not impressed with his ball handling skills, was really flustered against the press, best passer we have
PG - Cody Mann, Sr - 6'0 160 - Injured last year
F - Daviyon Draper, Sr - 6'7 217 - Showed flashes during certain games but lacked consistency
C - Michael Phillip, Sr - 6'9 200 - The last big body on the team, hope he can start contributing more

Signed LOI

F - Michael Douglas, Fr, 6'6 190 - I honestly couldn't find much on this kid, but a 6'6 PF doesn't sound right. Averaged 15.2 PPG on 48% shooting, 5.1 RPG and 1.2 Blks

Verbals

G- Eric Turner, Fr, 6'5 193 - A true scorer, he averaged 23.6 PPG on 57% shooting.
F - Cameron Smith, Jr, 6'7 210 - He averaged 9.3 points on 61% shooting with 6.5 rebounds per game.
F - Elmo Stephens, Jr, 6'7 200 - He averaged 15.8 points on 45% shooting with 4.0 rebounds per game.
PG - Kimar Williams, Fr, 6'1 170 - He averaged 16.2 points per game this past season and could be the ball handler we need.

By my count we have 1 scholly left to give, my hope is for a freshman center who can develop through the year behind Diaz. I'd like to think that we can find a couple of good players from the additions, which will be key. Go F I U!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:28 pm   
Golden Panther

Thank you for the analysis. I agree I like the new faces and if we get a strong freshman Center to develop behind Diaz we could be decent. Eric Turner as a big, scoring PG sounds really exciting.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:59 pm   
Golden Panther

Cool stuff, FIUPantherFan. Hopefully some of them can come in and contribute right away.

It appears that Cameron Smith will come in as a Sophomore, not a Junior according to his bio on TCC.

If there is no more "defections" between now and next season, this would be it in terms of scholarships....if you don't count Cody Mann as part of the team. I'm not sure whether he was injured or simply not part of the team anymore. Men's hoops can only award 13 scholarships, and we would have 14 with 9 returning players on scholarships. Therefore I'm assuming at the most we have 8 players returning for next season since we have 5 between signed and committed.

Go Panthers!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:16 pm   
Site Admin

That's one of the expected vacancies. I'm a bit surprised and disappointed, but good luck to him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:19 am   
Site Admin

With Nate Bull Run, that fills up the Roster unless anyone knows anything else. However, the team still hasn't updated their roster on line, which is sketchy, and leads me to believe that there will be surprises. GO F I U!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:40 am   
Site Admin

Found this...

Another JC PG.

Here's some info

http://www.tcceagles.com/sports/mbkb/2013-14/bios/nottage_eric_7dui

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:00 pm   
Golden Panther

With the addition of Nottage to FIU's team, that would mean the 3rd Tallahassee CC player to join the Panthers for this season. Nottage did average 7.9 points per game with 5.4 assists and 4.3 rebounds per game last season, which are pretty serviceable numbers for a fairly good JUCO team. He also shot over 36% from 3-point land, so we will use his talents to spread the defense.

http://www.tcceagles.com/sports/mbkb/20 ... _eric_qzia

Also, the fact he is coming....and late...might suggest one of our current point guards and/or our point guard from Philly, Kimar Williams, will not play or did not make it to FIU this season. Hopefully, that's not the case and it's just to bring even more depth.

Also, I'm not sure that the other high school recruit, Eric Turner, is on campus as well. If so, that opened up another slot. We will see soon enough the final roster, I'd hope.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:09 pm   
Site Admin

Can anyone identify our roster from this photo?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:02 pm   
Golden Panther

Roster was up yesterday. So, Eric Turner didn't make it to MMC and instead Nottage was added. Kimar Wililams is also part of the roster, so only Turner didn't make it, and Mike Phillips did not return for his senior season.

Here it is:

http://www.fiusports.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:51 pm   
Golden Panther

FIU Fanatic wrote:
Roster was up yesterday. So, Eric Turner didn't make it to MMC and instead Nottage was added. Kimar Wililams is also part of the roster, so only Turner didn't make it, and Mike Phillips did not return for his senior season.

Here it is:

http://www.fiusports.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

Grades?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:56 pm   
Golden Panther

Who knows, but it may very well be. So I guess we could say that the late addition of 7-1 Center Nate Brown Bull was to fill Michael Phillips' spot, while Eric Nottage's late addition to fill for Eric Turner's spot.

At any rate, seems like a solid roster on paper. Let's see what actually happens.

Go Panthers!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:37 pm   
Golden Panther

Also, Jonas Page left the team as well, which created an extra spot.