It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:53 pm

GAMEDAY: LIU @ F I U

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:07 pm   
Site Admin

Jerome Frink returns to FIU to face the Panthers.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:11 am   
Site Admin

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:18 pm   
Puma

Finally made it out to see my first game. I like the new seating. Much improved. I expected the crowd to be worse for a game the night before Thanksgiving. Place seems to look better every season but still needs more touches AND fans.

As to the team: I walked away thinking that this team may be one of those that gels and does well at the end of the season. The team I saw last night is not Conference championship ready. But, I kept thinking if we can get some consistency, a go-to scorer, and build "chemistry" we may be a good team in the end. I know it is a lot to ask but I'm always hopeful.

As for Adrian Diaz: He sucked yesterday. McGill was just on. I was expecting to see great things from Kimar Williams at FIU but he's not there yet. He gives me hope. Nottage was very good. His ball handling could be better but he impressed me. Brown Bull will be a role player if he stays long term. VERY, VERY raw and doesn't run well. But he has potential in my limited role as a talent scout (LOL). Draper is solid but does not seem like a go-to guy. Third or Fourth scorer at this point in his career with one year to go (I believe). I need to see more from the TCC transfers before I judge but one (Smith if I recall correctly) was athletic and impressed me in a limited role. Diaz needs to shoot free throws granny-style. He is going to cost us a game in the future with his poor free throw shooting. Shocked that LIU didn't hack Adrian at the end more often. My very amateur assessment of the game yesterday. Happy Thanksgiving.

Does anyone know how many scholarships next year?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:27 am   
Site Admin

The funny thing about your post is that the one TCC transfer that can become that scoring option is the one we haven't seen, Elmo Stephens, I'm trying to find out what happened to him but nothing so far. Also, after being a contributor in the first 2 games, we have not seen Hassan Hussein at all. I wonder if there are eligibility issues with Stephens?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:04 am   
Golden Panther

Stephen is either injured or eligibility issues, as he was the leading scorer last season for that TCC team we have 3 players on our roster. He hasn't played one minute this season so far, so you do the math.

Anyways, this team has a lot of newcomers and it takes time to gel, so I'm.....as always....hopeful this can be the case and we make a decent run come the end of the season. We are 4-2 so far, and just beat a team that beat us by 11 last season.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:35 pm   
Puma

By the way, I wish Jerome Frink was still on this team. I'm hopeful with this team. Moreover, the schedule is pretty decent. La Tech looks real good but we only play them once. Hardest games appear to be UTEP twice, UAB twice, and I'm not sure about Middle this year. Old Dominion we play once. Same with FGCU (at home). We got to beat the next 7 in a row before the conference games start. Won't be easy with 3 away games and FGCU and not sure about Elon.

By the way, I am out of town for the Florida A&M game. I have two front row seats, mid-court. Let me know if you want them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:49 am   
Juvenile Panther

@TheFIUtheproud - i will be in town for the holidays... May i please have the tix :) ?

Let me know if cool and we can PM. THANKS

TheFIUtheproud wrote:
By the way, I wish Jerome Frink was still on this team. I'm hopeful with this team. Moreover, the schedule is pretty decent. La Tech looks real good but we only play them once. Hardest games appear to be UTEP twice, UAB twice, and I'm not sure about Middle this year. Old Dominion we play once. Same with FGCU (at home). We got to beat the next 7 in a row before the conference games start. Won't be easy with 3 away games and FGCU and not sure about Elon.

By the way, I am out of town for the Florida A&M game. I have two front row seats, mid-court. Let me know if you want them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:14 pm   
Puma

Pantera-nation wrote:
@TheFIUtheproud - i will be in town for the holidays... May i please have the tix :) ?

Let me know if cool and we can PM. THANKS

TheFIUtheproud wrote:

Absolutely. Sorry it took me this long to respond. I have been taking a much needed break from the Board. Message me and we will work it out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:17 am   
Juvenile Panther

So for some reason all my PM's are getting stuck in outbox, and not being sent out. Does anyone know why?

@TheFIUtheproud -

First of all - thanks for the tix.

My parents live in broward (weston if that helps), which is where i am staying during the holidays. Are you anywhere close?

Also - if possible, will call would be amazing.. but let me know and i will be be flexible.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:40 am   
Site Admin

If your message box is full, it will not allow new messages in or out. I assume that's what's happening. Please delete items from you inbox and hopefully that fixes the problem.

Pantera-nation wrote:
So for some reason all my PM's are getting stuck in outbox, and not being sent out. Does anyone know why?

@TheFIUtheproud -

My parents live in broward (weston if that helps), which is where i am staying during the holidays. Are you anywhere close?

Also - if possible, will call would be amazing.. but let me know and i will be be flexible.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:09 pm   
Puma

Pantera-nation wrote:

@TheFIUtheproud -

Yeah, I was wondering what happened to you. I kept checking my inbox. The only messages I saw were older ones from you. I don't mind mailing them to you either. Snail mail should work. I work about 15 minutes from FIU. Problem is I am off of work starting today. Will will call accept my tickets and hold them until December 29?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:13 pm   
Puma

Pantera, I just responded to your PM. Should have looked first. Thx.