It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:37 am

fau @ FIU

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:05 pm   
Site Admin

First conference game of the season. GoFIU.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:59 pm   
Site Admin

FIU wins 76-59.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:39 pm   
Golden Panther

Just finished watching the whole telecast. First time I've seen the team live this year.

Diaz is the truth. Dude's got a legit chance to play in the Association. He's way more athletic than he looks. If he can get his FT% fixed, he's gonna be close to unstoppable. Especially in conference play. I like Draper, too. He and Diaz work pretty well together.

Wasn't impressed by Kimar Williams in this game. Actually... I wasn't that impressed by the guard play in general. It was sloppy at times, especially the passing during the press mid-way through the 2nd half. Rodriguez is a good bench-type spot-up shooter but I get nervous when he handles. I thought McGill's a better handler but he's not really a PG, either.

That Elmo Stephen kid looks interesting. Hit some nice bombs early.

7-7 at this point of the year isn't great... but I think this team's got a legit chance to make some noise in CUSA. I'm just worried about the PG. Gotta get that squared away somehow.

Also... FAU's not a great team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:21 am   
Site Admin

I agree with you. This team is really interesting. Williams wasn't great this game but he's looked really good in others and he is our best ball handler. He is a freshman so he can be forgiven. I wonder if Hassan Hussein will come back this season, he would give us another big man off the bench.
Clawing Cancer wrote:
Just finished watching the whole telecast. First time I've seen the team live this year.

Diaz is the truth. Dude's got a legit chance to play in the Association. He's way more athletic than he looks. If he can get his FT% fixed, he's gonna be close to unstoppable. Especially in conference play. I like Draper, too. He and Diaz work pretty well together.

Wasn't impressed by Kimar Williams in this game. Actually... I wasn't that impressed by the guard play in general. It was sloppy at times, especially the passing during the press mid-way through the 2nd half. Rodriguez is a good bench-type spot-up shooter but I get nervous when he handles. I thought McGill's a better handler but he's not really a PG, either.

That Elmo Stephen kid looks interesting. Hit some nice bombs early.

7-7 at this point of the year isn't great... but I think this team's got a legit chance to make some noise in CUSA. I'm just worried about the PG. Gotta get that squared away somehow.

Also... FAU's not a great team.