It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:41 pm

Adidas

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:35 pm   
Cougar

As per news reports; a basketball scandal with Adidas partner schools. As per sport’s media there are schools that are under investigation for taking bribes at NCCA basketball programs, with includes; administrators, coaches, and recruits.

The bribes could be in the thousands of dollars, some reports say up to hundred thousand dollars in some cases. It appears the UM is under the same microscope, but FIU athletics has a relationship with the Adidas to. Does this mean, we can be ensnared in this scandal to?
I would like to hear your thoughts...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:53 pm   
Golden Panther

Don't worry, we are in the clear. There is not enough money in this world to persuade decent prospects to play at FIU.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:25 pm   
Golden Panther

Katar1 wrote:
As per news reports; a basketball scandal with Adidas partner schools. As per sport’s media there are schools that are under investigation for taking bribes at NCCA basketball programs, with includes; administrators, coaches, and recruits.

The bribes could be in the thousands of dollars, some reports say up to hundred thousand dollars in some cases. It appears the UM is under the same microscope, but FIU athletics has a relationship with the Adidas to. Does this mean, we can be ensnared in this scandal to?

Sure it could, but judging by the lack of success on the court and lack of any notable signees, I don't think we paid anyone money... And if we did, boy we are the worst cheaters ever.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:07 pm   
Golden Panther

Building A Dynasty wrote:
Katar1 wrote:

Sure it could, but judging by the lack of success on the court and lack of any notable signees, I don't think we paid anyone money... And if we did, boy we are the worst cheaters ever.

FBI would be sending condolences instead of warrants. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:40 pm   
Site Admin

I mean....maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe during Little Ricky's one year here? Maybe?

FIU4ever wrote:
Building A Dynasty wrote:
Katar1 wrote:

FBI would be sending condolences instead of warrants. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:33 pm   
Golden Panther

Nah. Lil'Ric brought in a ton of Jucco's as far as I can remember. Maybe Frink too.

I think we are in the clear.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:07 pm   
Golden Panther

chiaPanther wrote:
Nah. Lil'Ric brought in a ton of Jucco's as far as I can remember. Maybe Frink too.

Frink was a HS signee. Also went on to earn NEC POY honors after transferring from FIU.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:26 pm   
Golden Panther

pikedanny wrote:
chiaPanther wrote:

Frink was a HS signee. Also went on to earn NEC POY honors after transferring from FIU.

Sorry my inglish was malo. I meant to say that Frink may have been the lone HS.

And if we paid for him, we deserve to be sanctioned. NEC Player of the Year or not