It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:52 am

New Threads

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:58 pm   
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:49 pm   
Golden Panther

I really like the two old school looks with the knicker pants.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:33 am   
Golden Panther

Some interesting stuff... but 8 different uniform combinations seems like overkill. I'd have probably stopped at 4 or 5 or something like that.

I'm not a huge fan of the pull-over top look. It's not bad - I'd probably buy one because it looks super comfy - but I prefer button-downs. Just looks more "baseball" to me.

I love the powder blue look... and I love the one that has "Florida" across the chest, too... I wish they had combined those two. There used to be one like that (a button-down) during the Price years. I loved it so much I bought one when FIU did a sale during my student days.

The home white is good... but it seems kind of "meh" to me. Just doesn't stand out. Ditto with the road gray, but I'd like that one more if it had "FIU" instead of "Panthers.

Glad they're keeping the white and cream throwbacks, especially the cream. I prefer the one with FIU across the chest, though. I think it looks better than Panthers.

The alternate top is really nice... especially from a branding perspective. It's the only one which actually has the FIU block letters. I'd use that one a lot, personally.

I'd love to see FIU baseball bring back that old "tee" logo in a uniform at some point. It's been a while (over 10 years, at least). It's the one which had the "I" in the "U" and the F next to the I. (It was around during the Mike Lowell days, if that helps). It makes me think of T-ball, with the F playing the role of batter. That's why I call it "tee". Maybe it had another name, I dunno, but that's how I remember it.

Also... there needs to be a gold one. How do we have 3 grays and no gold? That's just weird.