It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:15 pm

Observations from tonight's scrimmage

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:17 am   
Puma

Offense looked pretty good. There were at least three homers hit in the game. I say at least because I didn't stay until the end. Zoria, Day, and Khawam went deep. Many line drives and hard hit balls.

Pitching and defense still need improvement. Nick MacDonald got lit up like a Christmas tree. Seems like everything he gave up was hit hard, even the outs. Demchak was OK, but seemed pretty overpowering at times. I saw Myrick pitch one inning and he did well. Defense got lazy/sloppy. Not sure if it's because it was a practice game or what. There was miscommunication between infielders and centerfielder on a pop up that was dropped. Javy Valdes had trouble on a play transferring the ball from glove to hand and then rushed the throw. The throw was late and bounced to the first baseman. Coach Melendez stopped the scrimmage to talk to Javy. I seemed to overhear Javy make an excuse/complaint. Maybe that may have worked in high school baseball but that's not gonna cut it in college. Javy was summoned to the dugout and returned about a minute later to third. There was also another play (I didn't see it entirely) but apparently the defense missed getting an out. Melendez then stopped the scrimmage again and this time called everyone in to the home plate area. He seemed pretty upset and was making his point across to the players. I thought that was so great to see. I never saw any practice games under Turtle but I've never heard him doing that in a scrimmage game.

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:38 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Anyone have a projected starting lineup ?