It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 4:23 pm

UM Money Train

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:27 pm   
Cougar

We hosted UM baseball at FIU recently, it may have not been a sold out crowd. But if hitch our wagon to the money train that’s UM we can gain so much more in marketing opportunities and money for the university’s coffers.

I have always wondered why this was not being pushed at any level at FIU. This is a goldmine that we can harvest for years to come.

And I wanted to open the board up to get everyone’s thoughts on this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:31 am   
Cougar

Absolutely, that was the fullest I ever seen the baseball stadium. I agree with you! UM is the one school out of the big 3 in Florida willing to come on our campus and play us in football and baseball and women's basketball. If we get out shyt together, this could become a yearly thing. Playing the canes definitely gives us recognition in the media. I respect Miami, UF and FSU won't schedule us at anything even on their turf, expect that one game FIU traveled to gainsville like a decade ago.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:49 am   
Puma

With Butch, don't expect many schools to schedule us unless they are the other 3. I don't think that FSU has a vendetta towards us, if you remember they came down to play us in basketball. The issue with FSU is demand from other schools that have been scheduling them and are at a closer location. Believe me, as a Cane I kinda feel weird defending FSU, but its true lol. In Miami's case FIU works perfectly for them because 1. its only 8 miles away 2. Its not an FCS team 3. It looks good for both schools to play each other because it shows good sportsmanship between both Miami Dade universities and also brings more $ to see a derby between both schools.

http://tkt.xosn.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?DB_ ... BID=382158

As for Florida? They been suckling in football and pretty much a basketball school this year. Will we play each other in the future? Probably, but not a priority and I prefer to keep that way ( I am not a big fan of the gators, at least the noles play us).

I think in this new era, we do have to amp up our presence and become not become the second team. Every one preaches that we need to be the UCLA of the east then lets act like it.