I saw this on Twitter if anyone is interested:

https://twitter.com/305sportsnlife/stat ... 6355366913

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 124.07 KiB | Viewed 550 times ]
 PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:51 pm   
Golden Panther

WARNING: It's an unpaid job.

For the record, I know this because I reached out to that writingfanatic guy on Twitter and asked.

He wouldn't give me much details on what exactly they're looking for, but I got the feeling they're either A) basically wanting someone to regurgitate whatever David Neal or Pete Pelegrin gets or B) want to get some J-school kid desperate for experience and make him work hard for nothing more than to have something they can put on a resume.

If you're one of the former... enjoy ripping people off, I guess. If you're the latter, you'd probably be better off doing WRGP or the Beacon instead. At least there you'd be face-to-face with whoever's your boss. (Yes, this group is not based in the Miami area.)

About the only positive is the ESPN name... but that doesn't get you much unless you're actually working for the mothership in Bristol.

Jobs like these are why I hate being in media. There's way too many "companies" looking to take advantage of free labor so they can get rich. Unfortunately, you can't completely avoid it - especially if you need to fill a resume - but it's people like this that make me wish journalists would form a union. It'll never happen - at least, not nationally - but one can dream, right?