It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:32 am

Since no one has done this yet...

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:51 pm   
Site Admin

1. That's why you conduct an investigation.
2. Doing things for appearances sake is a terrible strategy in crisis management.
3. So. "No comment". I'm a media genius.
4. They weren't she was already suspended for theft.
5. That may or may not be the case means you don't know anything. You are assuming, which seems to the only thing you are good at.
6-11. Let's talk about Garret, whose case was dropped after an INVESTIGATION found that the rape stories were fabricated. Exactly the reason why you follow protocol instead of reacting to assumptions. However, not before the Herald wrote a front page story about it and proceeded to bury the dropped charges.
12. That has nothing to do with this.
13. This case has nothing to do with Pete.
14. This statement is gross. But not unexpected from everything you've said.

Katar1 wrote:
“I have walked in, turned on the lights and picked up the mic”

Please allow me to state my case; the reason Coach Marlin Chinn, should have been removed, is rather simple. The liability he exposes the school to, is enormous.

(1), He could have intimidated other players on the team and members of his own staff.
(2) It does not look good to have him walking around the “Lime Court “.
(3) Plus, he may be peppered with questions from the media; (ESPN) has interviewed David Neal from the Miami Herald about this incident.
(4) The accused and the accuser should not be in 100 feet of each other in other words; “Chinn has to take one for the team”.
(5) Berg and PG, needed to make certain that Feagin did not feel discarded or unsafe, while this issue is under review; but as we both know, that may or may not be the case.
(6) I wanted to refresh everyone’s memory regarding FIU baseball player Garrett Wittels and their handling of that matter.
(7) He was accessed of rape in the Bahamas by some girls.
(8) In the mist of this he was chasing one of the epic hitting streaks in college baseball.
(9) The media circles that surrounded him during this streak was a boon for FIU.
(10) He was on the local and national news outlets; one could not buy this sort of press.
(11) However, after this came to light, the athletic department, held a press conference and it was a disaster, “YouTube it”.
(12) I and some others on this board don’t trust PG and his team to screw in a light bulb, while standing on a ladder.
(13) President Rosenberg should take this all into consideration, with reviewing Pete’s contract with the university.
(14) I hate to say this but, if we can use this to push PG and the rest of his team out, so much the better. There may be casualties along the way, so be it, as someone once said: “the means justify the ends”.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:02 pm   
Cougar

“I didn’t have sex with that woman, she had sex with me”.
“President Bill Clinton”
“It seems you have missed the bigger picture, which is perception is everything”.
1, yes, we both know an investigation needs and will take place.
2, However, in the interim are you able guarantee the witness won’t be compromised in any way?
3, it’s not doing something for appearance sake; it’s taking control of the message before others do it for you.
4, In a 24 hour news cycle, of blogs, sports and YouTube channels, no comment, just won’t do, “it doesn’t slow the heard, and it makes them run faster”.
5, she was suspended from the team, not the school, and those are two different things, and you know it.
6-11Garret, was hung out to dry by FIU Athletics and the school as a whole, he really got shafted. Again, you’re referring to the investigation and his innocence. I’m referring to how they mistreated Garret and threw him to wolves, and it wasn’t a pretty site: they ripped him to shreds. You want to confuse the two, but one does not have anything to do with the other, “pay attention and try to keep up”!
12, It does, their past is not littered with roses, but of thorns. We have seen so many missteps from this department. People loath FIU Athletics, and this black eye, is not going to help them….
13, This has to do with Pete, and his lack of policies and procurers, which everyone pays the price for the athletes, staff and more importantly FIU. It seems you have trust in the athletic department, which they don’t deserve.
14, Gross, “really, a five year old says that”.
I normally charge for this kind of advice, around $200.00 an hour. However, for FIU students and Alumni, a bit less depending upon the issues at hand. If you need some professional advice, please let me know, how I can be of service.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:45 pm   
Golden Panther

Katar1 wrote:
“I didn’t have sex with that woman, she had sex with me”.
“President Bill Clinton”
“It seems you have missed the bigger picture, which is perception is everything”.
1, yes, we both know an investigation needs and will take place.
2, However, in the interim are you able guarantee the witness won’t be compromised in any way?
3, it’s not doing something for appearance sake; it’s taking control of the message before others do it for you.
4, In a 24 hour news cycle, of blogs, sports and YouTube channels, no comment, just won’t do, “it doesn’t slow the heard, and it makes them run faster”.
5, she was suspended from the team, not the school, and those are two different things, and you know it.
6-11Garret, was hung out to dry by FIU Athletics and the school as a whole, he really got shafted. Again, you’re referring to the investigation and his innocence. I’m referring to how they mistreated Garret and threw him to wolves, and it wasn’t a pretty site: they ripped him to shreds. You want to confuse the two, but one does not have anything to do with the other, “pay attention and try to keep up”!
12, It does, their past is not littered with roses, but of thorns. We have seen so many missteps from this department. People loath FIU Athletics, and this black eye, is not going to help them….
13, This has to do with Pete, and his lack of policies and procurers, which everyone pays the price for the athletes, staff and more importantly FIU. It seems you have trust in the athletic department, which they don’t deserve.
14, Gross, “really, a five year old says that”.
I normally charge for this kind of advice, around $200.00 an hour. However, for FIU students and Alumni, a bit less depending upon the issues at hand. If you need some professional advice, please let me know, how I can be of service.

There's something far worse than a "no comment" to the press. It's the wrong comment.

If a media outlet wants a quote on this kind of a story, they'll run the no comment as fast as the wrong comment. The difference is one will (likely) not get you in any deeper hot water than you already are and the other can send you into the Mariana Trench of hot water. In other words, deeper than Hades.

There's nothing wrong with being prudent with a microphone in your face. Better to be safe than sorry. Especially in the world we live in today. There's only so much control one can have with these kinds of allegations, anyway. The Wittels case is a good example of that. So's the Duke lacrosse scandal. You may not be able to affect the press but you can affect how you react to things. Control the message as much as you can.

I agree with you regarding PG. He may not have had direct involvement in this, but when you've got a bad public reputation already, it sure as hell reinforces all the negativity. This isn't helping matters, that's for $$$$ sure.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:03 am   
Site Admin

$200, that's cute. It's what I charge clients for staff work. Good for you overhead. Your points are ridiculous and the fact that you think FIU hung Garret out to dry when they in fact stood by him while everyone wanted them to suspend him based on assumptions that were wrong shows me that you don't have a grasp on what's going on. You think garret would have preferred to be treated as a criminal rather than backed up by his school? You think he didn't speak with the administration told them exactly what happened and they determined that he deserved to continue his career instead of being sidetracked by allegations. Garret played because he wanted to, FIU didn't force him to. FIU didn't suspend him because they wanted the continued attention of his streak and because they thought he had a good enough case to be exonerated, which he was upon the conclusion of an INVESTIGATION.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:28 am   
Cougar

Remember, I still have the mic.
DJN, has heard the recordings, and has seen the text messages
He can back up Destini Fagin’s evidence.

I would have given Chinn benefit of the doubt.
But with that proof it’s hard to do so. We have not been able to review or verify the evidence, but others have.

However, I have questions concerning Fagin’s judgment, she's young, but not so young that she doesn’t know that when a man gives you money he expects something in return, and normally that includes a sex act.

One, why would she take money from a man that’s sexually harassing her and making her feel uncomfortable? Two, why did she wait so long to report him?

Coach Chinn, why would he ever give a plyer that amount of money? Also, did he suspend her due to an infraction off of the court, or was there something else at work here?
Did he really have an attraction to Fagin, or was he just looking out for one of his players?
Some coaches have been known to bend the rules to help one of their players: Chinn wouldn’t be the first or the last to engage in this practice.

FIU Athletics love taking the big “L” and this is a big one. Let’s start with Julie Berg, there is a part of me that really feels sorry for her, she’s been giving the thankless task of carrying PG’s water. She has done this in the past for him, “I wonder does she get a bonus for this at the end of the year”.
You do know they have a staff that handles the, media don’t you? Why has this arm of athletics been mute or have they been muted by FIU administration?

Also, can any answer this question; are coaches issued cell phones?
I do know some athletic departments provide cell phones for coaches and sometimes support staff. So do we know if FIU has the same or a similar policy?
The reason for the question is twofold, one, we would be able to look at Chinn’s phone to see if he ever texted her or made phone calls to Fagin. This would either backed up her tale brand her a liar.

I hate to bring this up, but race and gender are going to play a major role in this mess.
Her mother has started planting the seeds of mistrust and doubt about the FIU athletics and the college as a whole. The story will become twisted but may play out like this; poor Fagin, taken advantage of by a sexual predator, and FIU turning a deaf hear. This is a modern Delilah vs Goliath, but she and her mother won’t be throwing rocks, I can assure you of that.

The next special interests groups like; some campus organizations, "NCAAP, NOW”, and or Gloria Allred, which would spell doom for us!!!!

last word on baseball player Garrett Wittels.

FIU Athletics at their finest.
https://youtu.be/4H2u2yWRbRE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:49 am   
Site Admin

So you ignore all your previous bogus arguments and go into non sensical tangents. Welcome to the board Donald Jr.

Katar1 wrote:
Remember, I still have the mic.
DJN, has heard the recordings, and has seen the text messages
He can back up Destini Fagin’s evidence.

I would have given Chinn benefit of the doubt.
But with that proof it’s hard to do so. We have not been able to review or verify the evidence, but others have.

However, I have questions concerning Fagin’s judgment, she's young, but not so young that she doesn’t know that when a man gives you money he expects something in return, and normally that includes a sex act.

One, why would she take money from a man that’s sexually harassing her and making her feel uncomfortable? Two, why did she wait so long to report him?

Coach Chinn, why would he ever give a plyer that amount of money? Also, did he suspend her due to an infraction off of the court, or was there something else at work here?
Did he really have an attraction to Fagin, or was he just looking out for one of his players?
Some coaches have been known to bend the rules to help one of their players: Chinn wouldn’t be the first or the last to engage in this practice.

FIU Athletics love taking the big “L” and this is a big one. Let’s start with Julie Berg, there is a part of me that really feels sorry for her, she’s been giving the thankless task of carrying PG’s water. She has done this in the past for him, “I wonder does she get a bonus for this at the end of the year”.
You do know they have a staff that handles the, media don’t you? Why has this arm of athletics been mute or have they been muted by FIU administration?

Also, can any answer this question; are coaches issued cell phones?
I do know some athletic departments provide cell phones for coaches and sometimes support staff. So do we know if FIU has the same or a similar policy?
The reason for the question is twofold, one, we would be able to look at Chinn’s phone to see if he ever texted her or made phone calls to Fagin. This would either backed up her tale brand her a liar.

I hate to bring this up, but race and gender are going to play a major role in this mess.
Her mother has started planting the seeds of mistrust and doubt about the FIU athletics and the college as a whole. The story will become twisted but may play out like this; poor Fagin, taken advantage of by a sexual predator, and FIU turning a deaf hear. This is a modern Delilah vs Goliath, but she and her mother won’t be throwing rocks, I can assure you of that.

The next special interests groups like; some campus organizations, "NCAAP, NOW”, and or Gloria Allred, which would spell doom for us!!!!

last word on baseball player Garrett Wittels.

FIU Athletics at their finest.
https://youtu.be/4H2u2yWRbRE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:40 pm   
Cougar

My dear boy, once again, you have glossed over some of facts, which I expected. It appears “You can’t’ handle the truth”! Allow me to ask, are you getting some sort of support from FIU Athletics to run this operation? The reason for the question; is go out of your way to defend their behavior and actions, which leave me puzzled. They cannot or should not be defended maybe FIU, but athletics, no!!!!
:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:56 pm   
Site Admin

No, I can't handle asinine posters. Big difference.
Katar1 wrote:
My dear boy, once again, you have glossed over some of facts, which I expected. It appears “You can’t’ handle the truth”! Allow me to ask, are you getting some sort of support from FIU Athletics to run this operation? The reason for the question; is go out of your way to defend their behavior and actions, which leave me puzzled. They cannot or should not be defended maybe FIU, but athletics, no!!!!
:roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:55 pm   
Golden Panther

So he's done officially now

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:05 pm   
Site Admin

Yep. For the $600. That's an easy one.still have to figure out the sexual harassment.
que bola fiu wrote:
So he's done officially now