It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:06 am

FIU hires Kevin Nylen as new Soccer coach

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:09 pm   
Juvenile Panther

FIU announced that we hired Kevin Neyland to be the next FIU soccer coach. He was previously a an assistant here from 2012-2015. He was currently the coach of the U16 developmental team for Orlando FC. Looks like a solid hire given his knowledge of the program and the fact that he's probably established some good recruiting networks given his prior position.

Welcome back Coach Nylen!!

Quote:
MIAMI (Dec. 16, 2016) – Former first assistant Kevin Nylen has been named FIU's new men's soccer head coach, Executive Director of Sports and Entertainment Pete Garcia announced today. Nylen becomes the seventh head coach in program history.

Nylen, who spent four seasons at FIU from 2012-15, returns to Miami after spending last season as the chief scout and U16 head coach with the Orlando City SC (Major League Soccer) Development Academy.

"Kevin Nylen is one of the top young coaching talents in college soccer and we are thrilled to have him lead our men's soccer program," Garcia said. "He is a tremendous recruiter and knows how to win. I have no doubt that Kevin will continue to develop our program into one of the top teams in the nation.

"I would like to thank Pete Garcia and (Senior Associate Athletics Director) Julie Berg for this opportunity and their confidence in me to lead the FIU men's soccer program," said Nylen. "I am excited and honored to return to FIU and I can't wait to get started with the team."

In addition to on-the-field coaching with Orlando City, Nylen identified and oversaw all player recruitment into the MLS academy. On the pitch, Nylen has helped Orlando City become one of the top academies in the country.

http://fiusports.com/news/2016/12/16/kevin-nylen-tabbed-panthers-new-fiu-mens-soccer-head-coach.aspx