PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:06 pm   
Golden Panther

http://www.sunherald.com/sports/spt-col ... 38319.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:31 pm   
Golden Panther

Gasbaggery

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:50 am   
Puma

meh.... the article sounds a little bias and please, grouping FIU and FAU the worst?

Lets see if C-USA wants to kick out both schools, knowing that they are the foothold here in Florida for the conference. Butch and Kiffin are also the only thing bringing attention to the conference. lol

Anyhow, I really doubt the article got much attention. lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:53 am   
Golden Panther

Wow what fresh out so school reporter wrote this... and he obviously did not have an editor.

He doesn't event use the same criteria for evaluating each program... "ODU is valuable becasue it is in a major market, Norfolk" LOL!!!!

Our fan support does suck but that goes for just about every sports team in Miami.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:47 pm   
Golden Panther

I don't think anyone has any idea the size of FIU. I was listening to Colin Cowherd a few years back, and he was comparing us to one of those schools that's in a shopping center. I don't think many people appreciate the potential. Hopefully the day will come when we outgrow C-USA.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:46 pm   
Puma

The issue is that not many people know that FIU is located in Miami. There are a few companies that see our potential and ESPN is one of them.

As for Colin Cowherd? The guy for the most part is one dimensional and would only focus on bigger programs like USC or Stanford (Doesn't help he is from the West Coast as well). I am not too keen on him, mostly because of a few comments that he made on previous shows.

FIU is slowly , but surely breaking away from the []__[]'s shadow at the national level. Although, I agree with OC about this guy not doing his research and basically put out a piece with no substance.

Its in Mississippi, so the question would be. If a tree fell down the forest and no one was there to hear it would it make any noise? lol