It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:28 am

from Rick Sanchez with LOVE

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:26 pm   
Juvenile Panther

You. tell'em Rick! Keep up the good work on the radio!
Beat UCF!

http://www.beyondusports.com/rick-sanchez-angry/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:21 am   
Golden Panther

It embarrasses me that this guy represents our university.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:54 am   
Site Admin

So true, the fact is that FIU has been getting short shifted at the Herald for a long time and NOW they finally have someone with a big enough microphone to tell them how they really feel. You think Rick Sanchez is doing this without FIU knowing, right. You think hiring PP after the whole Herald thing wasn't a shot accross the bow by FIU? FIU froze out the last herald reporter due to his own doing mind you because you could tell David Neal is getting the information needed and this is phase II, completely agree with it. We've tried sitting back and hoping that they actually do their job and now it is time to MAKE THEM pay attention.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:02 am   
Site Admin

and ofcourse you have this from Cote...

Quote:
• FIU beat Louisville of the Big East in an upset Friday night, and T.Y. Hilton had 201 receiving yards to feather his fledgling Heisman Trophy campaign. It needed the boost. T.Y.’s Heisman shot had been polling nationally about as well as Newt Gingrich.

• By consensus, the radio debut of new FIU football analyst Rick Sanchez last week was god-awful. I understand listeners are upset. Both of them.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/11/2 ... z1XjcR3msW

...Yeah, ok. What? Couldn't find a negative news story to steal the spotlight from the big week FIU had, so you make a funny? Please.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:58 am   
Golden Panther

You tell them Rick!

The Herald is good for one thing, to clean my dog's poop!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:22 pm   
Golden Panther

FIUPantherFan wrote:
and ofcourse you have this from Cote...

Quote:
• FIU beat Louisville of the Big East in an upset Friday night, and T.Y. Hilton had 201 receiving yards to feather his fledgling Heisman Trophy campaign. It needed the boost. T.Y.’s Heisman shot had been polling nationally about as well as Newt Gingrich.

• By consensus, the radio debut of new FIU football analyst Rick Sanchez last week was god-awful. I understand listeners are upset. Both of them.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/11/2 ... z1XjcR3msW

...Yeah, ok. What? Couldn't find a negative news story to steal the spotlight from the big week FIU had, so you make a funny? Please.

That's so true. Although some few people here, for some reason, feel Cote and The Herald are untouchables and never wrong. :roll: This guy is just unbelievable...and his shots at FIU (not as a response to some or all of their fans for the Herald apologists) are old and tiring. Oh well....who cares.....let's keep winning FIU!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:27 pm   
Golden Panther

http://ricksancheztv.tumblr.com/

Its a must read!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:29 pm   
Golden Panther

Quote:
A Newspaper that Hates its Readers

Wow. The Herald just noticed FIU football? Great! Welcome to the party guys. Glad to have you. Come on in. Unfortunately, the chips are soggy and we’re almost out. We’ve been here quite a while.

The rest of us have been wondering where you were all this time. Oh, that’s right, you were stuck in traffic catching up to that UM story, the one you were eight months behind on. It must be weird to suddenly show up at the FIU party, what with all these FIU supporters drinking “Chivas and wearing guayaberas.” Do you know what a Guayabera is?

It also must be tough to miss out on the UM party given you were UM’s party girl? By that way, who was that guy who screwed that party up for you? Yahoo sports? Who’s that? Don’t you just hate it when a good looking out-of-towner like that comes in and steals your man? Oh well!

So now you are looking for a

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:39 pm   
Cougar

Ever wondered why FIU doesn't get enough coverage in the Herald?

http://thewizofpods.com/Media/PanthersProwl.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:42 pm   
Golden Panther

There's a thread on this in General FIU news section....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:09 pm   
Golden Panther

I am sorry, but this is BS, and you guys should be ashamed of being proud of this ethno-political BS. This guy wants to play the persecuted minority card? In a city where the mayor is Hispanic, that has a county mayor who is Hispanic, and where most of our state and federal reps are Hispanic? Spare me. Rick, go f__k yourself and stop using my university as a soap box for your massive inferiority complex.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:03 pm   
Golden Panther

For real. I agree that the Herald doesn't treat FIU with enough respect, pero el tipo este me puede mamar la verga if he thinks he can use our school as his his soap box. Jesus.

Profile WWW ICQ YIM  
 PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:42 pm   
Cougar

While I too believe RS does overuse the discriminated Hispanic angle a bit too much, particularly when relating to anything South Florida, in this case against scUMmy Herald I'm with him.

To disagree with him on this is to call Pete Pelegrin a blatant liar - and that's blasphemous around these parts.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:26 am   
Golden Panther

FIUer wrote:
While I too believe RS does overuse the discriminated Hispanic angle a bit too much, particularly when relating to anything South Florida, in this case against scUMmy Herald I'm with him.

To disagree with him on this is to call Pete Pelegrin a blatant liar - and that's blasphemous around these parts.

What? Are you kidding me? What does one have to do with the other? When did Pelegrin ever say that his being Hispanic had anything to do with how he was treated at the Herald? His problems with them were with the way they covered and treated FIU, not with him being Hispanic.

This thread is absolutely ridiculous. I'll be the first person to say the Herald's done a crap job in the past with FIU (though Neal's certainly making amends there lately) and I despise both Cote and LeBatard beyond the fact that both love to take pot-shots at FIU. RS definitely has some valid points about the MH's coverage of FIU.

But, beyond that, what RS wrote is just nonsense. He's basically implying that the Herald won't cover FIU properly because it's too Hispanic and the "white boys" at the MH won't have any of that. I don't often agree with the Beast - and trust me, he doesn't have much love for FIU - but his blog was dead right. And RS, as a media pro, knows all that to be true, because TV and radio stations have the same problems (but on a smaller lever than newspapers do) with cost cutting measures which put journalists out of work.

Do you people actually know how many Hispanics work for that paper? Hell, do you even know they have a separate paper for Spanish readers (El Nuevo Herald)? Seems pretty funny to me that a company that's supposedly "discriminatory" against Hispanics is also publishing a Spanish daily in the heart of possibly the most Latino city in America.

Some of you people have such a hard-on for hating the Herald that it borders on the insane. How anyone can justify this article instead of calling it what it is, is beyond me. And what it is, is "race-baiting" and "class-baiting". Period. This kind of crap is straight out of the Communist Manifesto. I bet Fidel would be proud of this.

Oh, and one more thing... RS could use a spell-checker.

FIU football should market their program as "the I". No one ever said that only Miami can call themselves by one letter. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:08 am   
Golden Panther

Clawing, you're giving Ricky too much credit, Fidel only went after class. This is the crass ethnic politics of the 1920's and 1930's, a rehashing of the Jim Crow era us vs them mentality. He is going after a paper which publishes America's largest Spanish-language daily, who's former publisher is Hispanic, who's current sports editor is Hispanic. Hell, the Herald hasn't just "dated" Hispanics, it is married to one.

Clawing Cancer wrote:
FIUer wrote:

What? Are you kidding me? What does one have to do with the other? When did Pelegrin ever say that his being Hispanic had anything to do with how he was treated at the Herald? His problems with them were with the way they covered and treated FIU, not with him being Hispanic.

This thread is absolutely ridiculous. I'll be the first person to say the Herald's done a crap job in the past with FIU (though Neal's certainly making amends there lately) and I despise both Cote and LeBatard beyond the fact that both love to take pot-shots at FIU. RS definitely has some valid points about the MH's coverage of FIU.

But, beyond that, what RS wrote is just nonsense. He's basically implying that the Herald won't cover FIU properly because it's too Hispanic and the "white boys" at the MH won't have any of that. I don't often agree with the Beast - and trust me, he doesn't have much love for FIU - but his blog was dead right. And RS, as a media pro, knows all that to be true, because TV and radio stations have the same problems (but on a smaller lever than newspapers do) with cost cutting measures which put journalists out of work.

Do you people actually know how many Hispanics work for that paper? Hell, do you even know they have a separate paper for Spanish readers (El Nuevo Herald)? Seems pretty funny to me that a company that's supposedly "discriminatory" against Hispanics is also publishing a Spanish daily in the heart of possibly the most Latino city in America.

Some of you people have such a hard-on for hating the Herald that it borders on the insane. How anyone can justify this article instead of calling it what it is, is beyond me. And what it is, is "race-baiting" and "class-baiting". Period. This kind of crap is straight out of the Communist Manifesto. I bet Fidel would be proud of this.

Oh, and one more thing... RS could use a spell-checker.