It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:25 pm

Should we create a Facebook fan group?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:49 am   
Golden Panther

Hey guys, sorry, I know this probably belongs in the "General Sports" section, but no one is ever in there. Admins can move this if they want.

Should we start a FIU Football fan group? Or FIU Sports fan group? FIU has already set up a few pages, but they're completely run by the school and don't allow us to post anything, only respond to their posts. I feel if we create our own it would be a great way to develop our own fan community and get together.

For example, I'm part of two different Florida Panthers Hockey fan groups and they're completely fan run. They've both become quite large and have fans from all arouund the world. There are different rules for both groups, one being more family friendly than the others. But over the years we have invited friends to join and expanded the brand. Since it's fan run we posts all sorts of things, including photos at the games, merchandise, talking about trades and players. We've even had one of the Florida Panther's owners join the groups and he's very active with us.

This message board/forum is great, but I honestly don't even know if I've ever met many of you or know what you look like. (Maybe that's a good thing). But I really think a fan run facebook group would be a great way to build friendship among fans on this board, build our brand and fan base. What do you guys think?

Last edited by FIU Beisbol on Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:10 pm   
Golden Panther

I’m in

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:17 pm   
Golden Panther

Well that's one. Good enough for me. I think I'm going to create a Facebook FIU football fan page. Or should it be for all sports? If you have a Facebook page or encourage you to join. I will need a few admins.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:54 pm   
Golden Panther

I also belong to a few for other teams and its good stuff, some even broadcast live from games and tailgates.

Do it for alll Sports. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:48 pm   
Juvenile Panther

i'm in! let me know if you need any help. im down to help maintain it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:11 am   
Golden Panther

Post a link once its created

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:13 pm   
Cougar

This forum is ran the way FIU athletics is ran. Makes no sense moving things or posting stuff other than the football board. We don't get that much traffic, why not leave content where people can find it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:10 pm   
Golden Panther

SP1029 wrote:
This forum is ran the way FIU athletics is ran. Makes no sense moving things or posting stuff other than the football board. We don't get that much traffic, why not leave content where people can find it.

I don't know about you but when there is an unread topic in one of these boards, I check it. Doesn't matter where. Almost every fan board I've been on is set up and run just like this one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:52 am   
Golden Panther

I do check out the other boards once in a while. During basketball and baseball seasons I check the respective boards. I check out the general board once in a while to see new topics, but I know most people stick to the football board...

Anyway... I will be setting up the FIU Sports Fan Group on facebook soon. Then we can all join and invite friends. I think it will help build our fan community. I will post the link soon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:23 pm   
Golden Panther

Ok guys, I created the first ever FIU sports fan group. It's up and running. Please invite everybody you know, the more people join the better. I really don't know how to run one of these groups. For now I made the group open and public, I'm guessing that's the best way to run the group. Does anybody want to help admin?

Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1543765 ... on_generic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:53 pm   
Golden Panther

Sec 112 is in

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:44 pm   
Golden Panther

Hey guys, so the page has been up for about a week. Please invite friends and get active. Post articles and anything FIU sports related.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:02 am   
Golden Panther

The facebook group is seeing some healthy growth and I'm posting, but I'd like contributions from others if possible. It would be nice to have at least one article or sports related post posted every day so we can have something to discuss.