It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:04 pm

NCAA Coaching Changes?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:16 pm   
Golden Panther

1. Jim McElwain (UF); the shark photo didnt' do it, the fake death threats helped, the play on the field on year three did him in.

Whose next?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:50 am   
Cougar

I can't believe UF pulled the trigger before Tennessee. Butch Jones has to be next. Let's see who these two school poach. Hope the social media attention doesn't take away coach Davis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:49 pm   
Golden Panther

weekend_warrior wrote:
I can't believe UF pulled the trigger before Tennessee. Butch Jones has to be next. Let's see who these two school poach. Hope the social media attention doesn't take away coach Davis

Knowing Nebraska is likely going to fire Mike Riley, Florida probably wanted to start pursuing Scott Frost before the Huskers could. Seeing that Nebraska is Frost's alma mater, I would think they have an edge already.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:14 pm   
Golden Panther

We will probably see Frost to Florida and maybe Strong to Arkansas. Which means the Lame Train is going to the AAC. Might explain why he has no commits.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:46 pm   
Golden Panther

Honestly, I wouldn't leave FAU for an AAC job. I'd almost consider that a lateral move given the exposure Kiffin's gotten in Boca. It's not like he fell off the college football landscape by going there. ESPN has profiled him and the turnaround he's created. Why leave that for another G5 job that he would likely leave after next year? If no P5 schools come calling, I bet he stays put.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:53 pm   
Golden Panther

HooterHater wrote:
Honestly, I wouldn't leave FAU for an AAC job. I'd almost consider that a lateral move given the exposure Kiffin's gotten in Boca. It's not like he fell off the college football landscape by going there. ESPN has profiled him and the turnaround he's created. Why leave that for another G5 job that he would likely leave after next year? If no P5 schools come calling, I bet he stays put.

Because the AAC is markedly better than the rest of the G5, and the pay is double.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:55 pm   
Golden Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:
We will probably see Frost to Florida and maybe Strong to Arkansas. Which means the Lame Train is going to the AAC. Might explain why he has no commits.

I doubt Lane goes to an AAC school. Also, I wouldn't worry about FAU's recruiting class. They are (for some reason) using some sort of silent commitment strategy. They will almost certainly have a top 3 class in C-USA at signing day.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:57 pm   
Golden Panther

Also UF reportedly signed Mullen so now Miss. St. needs a new coach. Maybe they will pursue Kiffin. I think Frost is going to Nebraska.