It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:04 pm

NCAA Coaching Changes?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:16 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:52 am
Posts: 4631
1. Jim McElwain (UF); the shark photo didnt' do it, the fake death threats helped, the play on the field on year three did him in.

Whose next?

_________________
"It's called opportunity, that's what life is all about, you get an opportunity and I think these guys are anxious to have this opportunity and do something with it" - FIU Coach Ron Turner


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:50 am   
Cougar

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:37 pm
Posts: 176
I can't believe UF pulled the trigger before Tennessee. Butch Jones has to be next. Let's see who these two school poach. Hope the social media attention doesn't take away coach Davis


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:49 pm   
Golden Panther
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:48 pm
Posts: 1598
Location: Boynton Beach, Florida
weekend_warrior wrote:
I can't believe UF pulled the trigger before Tennessee. Butch Jones has to be next. Let's see who these two school poach. Hope the social media attention doesn't take away coach Davis

Knowing Nebraska is likely going to fire Mike Riley, Florida probably wanted to start pursuing Scott Frost before the Huskers could. Seeing that Nebraska is Frost's alma mater, I would think they have an edge already.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:14 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 11:38 pm
Posts: 2278
We will probably see Frost to Florida and maybe Strong to Arkansas. Which means the Lame Train is going to the AAC. Might explain why he has no commits.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:46 pm   
Golden Panther
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:48 pm
Posts: 1598
Location: Boynton Beach, Florida
Honestly, I wouldn't leave FAU for an AAC job. I'd almost consider that a lateral move given the exposure Kiffin's gotten in Boca. It's not like he fell off the college football landscape by going there. ESPN has profiled him and the turnaround he's created. Why leave that for another G5 job that he would likely leave after next year? If no P5 schools come calling, I bet he stays put.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:53 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 11:38 pm
Posts: 2278
HooterHater wrote:
Honestly, I wouldn't leave FAU for an AAC job. I'd almost consider that a lateral move given the exposure Kiffin's gotten in Boca. It's not like he fell off the college football landscape by going there. ESPN has profiled him and the turnaround he's created. Why leave that for another G5 job that he would likely leave after next year? If no P5 schools come calling, I bet he stays put.


Because the AAC is markedly better than the rest of the G5, and the pay is double.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:55 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 2269
JulesFIU07 wrote:
We will probably see Frost to Florida and maybe Strong to Arkansas. Which means the Lame Train is going to the AAC. Might explain why he has no commits.


I doubt Lane goes to an AAC school. Also, I wouldn't worry about FAU's recruiting class. They are (for some reason) using some sort of silent commitment strategy. They will almost certainly have a top 3 class in C-USA at signing day.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:57 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 2269
Also UF reportedly signed Mullen so now Miss. St. needs a new coach. Maybe they will pursue Kiffin. I think Frost is going to Nebraska.


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Style originally created by Volize © 2003 • Redesigned SkyLine by MartectX © 2008 - 2009