It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:43 am

Georgia State

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:05 pm   
Golden Panther

This year's Cinderella is Georgia State. Congrats to the urban school in Atlanta. Because of the power of college basketball, the entire country now has heard of Georgia State. They know now that there is another public university in Georgia besides Georgia and Georgia Tech.

Georgia State is now more known, and more importantly more respected nationally, than FIU, despite being smaller and academically inferior.

Only college basketball and football can vault a university into national prominence. Those are the only two sports a university should invest in. Of course, it helps massively when your name doesn't suck.

Official Name:
State University of Florida at Miami, or
Miami State University of Florida, or
Miami Florida State University

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:02 pm   
Golden Panther

Aren't you contradicting your argument? Their name doesn't indicate what city they're in. I didn't have a clue where they were before your post. And saying that their success as a university resulted in people becoming aware of who and where they are, well, that's what I've been saying all along.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:02 am   
Golden Panther

Keep changing your argument to suit your agenda. Shouldn't they be Atlanta State? Georgia State tells me nothing other than what state they are in and that they are a state university. Do you really think that people now respect Georgia State as a university because their basketball team won a game? More people are laughing at them because of their coach flopping around like a fish on the court. That's not respect, it's ”Look at the silly small school and their coach.”

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:37 pm   
Golden Panther

Wow, your argument is beyond flawed. You are simply proving that a name doesn't matter, but rather on the field/court performance is far more important. I guess the University of Alabama is just really good at football and everyone knows who they are because they happened to have "Alabama" in their name. It just rolls off the tongue, you know?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:43 pm   
Golden Panther

Lets poll UGA Alumni & GTECH Alumni, and I will bet they will say about Gstate, GA STate who?