It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:55 pm

Lane Kiffin

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:03 am   
Cougar

As, I'm sure, if some, if not all, are aware that Kiffin has signed or will sign a 10 year contract with FAU. This does not bold well for FIU. FAU is currently in the driving seat in CUSA conference, and if their driving are we regulated to bringing up the rear?

Kiffin, has created a buzz while at FAU, that none of us can deny, “Twitter ad other social media site he's master of ". It reminds me of a certain person in the white House thought...

How will FIU respond and more importantly BD.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:47 am   
Golden Panther

Lane Kiffin only had this done for recruiting purposes. We all know Lane will last one year more at FAU at most, especially if he continues his success. AS soon as a power 5 team comes calling he's out.

As for FAU, no one nationally cares about FAU winning, they only care about Lane Kiffin. All the talk on ESPN is about Kiffin, not much FAU. The Owls have 2 primary weapons, their QB and their stud RB, Singletary. Let's not pretend FAU will continue to be dominant. Look how much has changed in the C-USA power the last few years.

I don't think FAU will have the same success next year. I hope they do well enough though that Kiffin leaves. I'm tired of that douche as is. To reiterate, he can pretend he loves being at FAU, but we all knows he's in love with himself much more. He'll be gone soon enough. Anyone who thinks he's staying 10 years is a moron. It's called a Lane Train because it keeps going to new places, never stays put.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:41 am   
Golden Panther

Really? It’s signing day and this is what we’re talking about? There is already a thread on this that’s not in the FIU football section btw.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:50 am   
Golden Panther

Also, a post like this completely overlooks the coaching quality of Butch. Our current coach has a much better track record of actually building sustainable success than Daniel Tosh. Please look at UM during Butch's tenure and USC during Kiffin's.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:41 pm   
Golden Panther

He's not going to be FAU's coach in 10 years.

I'll be shocked if he's there past next season.

Contract extensions mean nothing. FAU just wants to make sure they get paid when he leaves. Good on them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:27 pm   
Juvenile Panther

You don't care.
We care and the media is also talking about the school.
You are just jealous your school is not getting the attention, that's all.

Yes, we know he won't be there for too long but for now I enjoy winning games and demolishing your team.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:52 pm   
Golden Panther

Hmm. I feel like I've called out the OP before for intentionally inflammatory remarks about FIU.

I'm not sure this is any different.

If the OP wanted an earnest discussion, then the OP should've probably initiated it instead of saying nonsense like one of the conferences best teams this year is "bringing up the rear".

Smells like a troll.