It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:08 am

2018 Recruiting Targets

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 25  Next
 PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:52 pm   
Golden Panther

Building A Dynasty wrote:
Guys, get ready:

FIU's best recruiting class ever underway.

Love it! 2+2=?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:55 pm   
Golden Panther

I have a much better feeling we will be getting a TON of great Texas sauce down here in Miami. #PawsUp

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:32 pm   
Golden Panther

Big Saucey is here!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:25 am   
Golden Panther

QB target, Carter Bradley, will announce his commitment on signing day, Dec 20.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:06 pm   
Cougar

QB target, Carter Bradley, will announce his commitment on signing day, Dec 20.

Has he visited FIU?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:11 pm   
Puma

Unfortunately we don’t have a dedicated recruiting analyst to dig into who is visiting every weekened and this kid is not the type to post pics on twitter. If i had to guess then yes he was probably on Campus either this or last weekend but we’ll probably never know.

He would be as big a get if not bigger than Tayland.

Hope he picks us.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:07 pm   
Golden Panther

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Surprises 8) 8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:50 am   
Golden Panther

With the early signing period just two days away now, I figured I would post an update with some potential signing day "surprises". These are guys currently not committed to FIU who I think may sign with us during the early signing period. I will also add my personal probability of the given prospect signing with FIU on Dec. 20.

1) Kenny Turnier (6'4" 265 DL via JUCO): Turnier reportedly has offers FIU, Hawaii, and Buffalo. He originally signed with Oregon St., but after a leg injury, ended up at Ventura College. His Twitter has been pretty pro-FIU over the past couple of months. I think he becomes a Panther: Probability of signing with FIU: 80%

2) Carter Bradley (6'3" 208 QB): Bradley was/is an ESPN 300 4-star recruit who suffered an ACL injury a few games into his senior season. Since then many big-time programs have backed off of him. His top four schools reportedly include: FIU, FAU, Toledo, and Washington. If I had to guess, I think Toledo is the leader at the moment, as I believe he took an official visit there. What FIU has going for us, is that he can immediately come in and compete for the starting position as we have no returning starter. I am unsure if he would be healthy in time for fall ball this year. Probability of signing with FIU: 30%

3) Joshua Sanders (6'5" 215 DE): Sanders took an official visit to FIU on Nov. 10. He is reportedly leaning toward FIU and his Twitter has been relatively pro-FIU. He is a very athletic prospect, who also plays basketball (Butch loves these guys). Probability of signing with FIU: 75%

4) D'Andre Ragin (6'3" 218 OLB): Ragin is a huge question mark. The consensus 3-star player very rarely tweets, but reportedly had FIU in his top 5 earlier in the season. If I had to guess, he will sign with Michigan St., but there is some (small?) chance FIU signs the local product. Probability of signing with FIU: 15% ???

5) Dwayne Boyles (6'3" 225 DE/OLB): The current USF commit and 3-star recruit reportedly took an official visit to FIU sometime in November. I think his pledge to USF is strong and I doubt FIU flips him. Probability of signing with FIU: 2%

6) Devin Bell (6'5" 235 DE): The current WKU commit and 3-star recruit was recently offered by FIU. He has flip-flopped on WKU before. I have reason to believe Coach Holmes might have made an in-home visit about a week ago right around the time Bell was offered. While I think it is unlikely he flips to FIU, Coach Holmes is a magician and I wouldn't put anything past him. Probability of signing with FIU: 10%

7) Willie Canty (6'6" 290 OT): The 3-star recruit had FIU in his top 5 earlier in the season. He was reportedly leaning toward UCF but that was before Frost left. I'm not sure what the situation is now. His Twitter is pretty quiet, so I can't get much insight from that. FIU still needs to add another OT (or two in my opinion) to this class. Probability of signing with FIU: 20%

8 ) Christian Malloy (5'10" 175 RB): Reportedly took an official visit to FIU this past weekend. I am skeptical FIU will sign another RB to this class, but who knows. His film is impressive. Probability of signing with FIU: 30%

There are some other prospects I think FIU may sign, such as Teja Young and Troy Ingle, but I do not think they will be signing during the early period, so I have not included them here. I'd be happy to hear if anyone else has reason to add other prospects or updates to the guys I have listed here.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:57 am   
Golden Panther

Very interesting stuff, Dynasty. Thanks for going to this trouble.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:27 am   
Golden Panther

Good stuff ‘Building in putting this list together. I see it pretty much the same way you just put it in this post. I’m excited as to what those “Big Surprises” are. Maybe they do surprise us with some recruits we don’t have on this board. Exciting times indeed! Ho Panthers!

Thank you for your effort and time, ‘Building!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:33 am   
Puma

With the early signing period just two days away now, I figured I would post an update with some potential signing day "surprises". These are guys currently not committed to FIU who I think may sign with us during the early signing period. I will also add my personal probability of the given prospect signing with FIU on Dec. 20.

1) Kenny Turnier (6'4" 265 DL via JUCO): Turnier reportedly has offers FIU, Hawaii, and Buffalo. He originally signed with Oregon St., but after a leg injury, ended up at Ventura College. His Twitter has been pretty pro-FIU over the past couple of months. I think he becomes a Panther: Probability of signing with FIU: 80%

2) Carter Bradley (6'3" 208 QB): Bradley was/is an ESPN 300 4-star recruit who suffered an ACL injury a few games into his senior season. Since then many big-time programs have backed off of him. His top four schools reportedly include: FIU, FAU, Toledo, and Washington. If I had to guess, I think Toledo is the leader at the moment, as I believe he took an official visit there. What FIU has going for us, is that he can immediately come in and compete for the starting position as we have no returning starter. I am unsure if he would be healthy in time for fall ball this year. Probability of signing with FIU: 30%

3) Joshua Sanders (6'5" 215 DE): Sanders took an official visit to FIU on Nov. 10. He is reportedly leaning toward FIU and his Twitter has been relatively pro-FIU. He is a very athletic prospect, who also plays basketball (Butch loves these guys). Probability of signing with FIU: 75%

4) D'Andre Ragin (6'3" 218 OLB): Ragin is a huge question mark. The consensus 3-star player very rarely tweets, but reportedly had FIU in his top 5 earlier in the season. If I had to guess, he will sign with Michigan St., but there is some (small?) chance FIU signs the local product. Probability of signing with FIU: 15% ???

5) Dwayne Boyles (6'3" 225 DE/OLB): The current USF commit and 3-star recruit reportedly took an official visit to FIU sometime in November. I think his pledge to USF is strong and I doubt FIU flips him. Probability of signing with FIU: 2%

6) Devin Bell (6'5" 235 DE): The current WKU commit and 3-star recruit was recently offered by FIU. He has flip-flopped on WKU before. I have reason to believe Coach Holmes might have made an in-home visit about a week ago right around the time Bell was offered. While I think it is unlikely he flips to FIU, Coach Holmes is a magician and I wouldn't put anything past him. Probability of signing with FIU: 10%

7) Willie Canty (6'6" 290 OT): The 3-star recruit had FIU in his top 5 earlier in the season. He was reportedly leaning toward UCF but that was before Frost left. I'm not sure what the situation is now. His Twitter is pretty quiet, so I can't get much insight from that. FIU still needs to add another OT (or two in my opinion) to this class. Probability of signing with FIU: 20%

8 ) Christian Malloy (5'10" 175 RB): Reportedly took an official visit to FIU this past weekend. I am skeptical FIU will sign another RB to this class, but who knows. His film is impressive. Probability of signing with FIU: 30%

There are some other prospects I think FIU may sign, such as Teja Young and Troy Ingle, but I do not think they will be signing during the early period, so I have not included them here. I'd be happy to hear if anyone else has reason to add other prospects or updates to the guys I have listed here.

This is a great summary, i would only add :

9) Hamilton Hall (6'5 315lbs OT) out of Atlanta GA, had FIU originally in his top 5 but his twitter has been all Ole Miss and Nebraska lately so prob a 5% chance he signs with us.

Really tough to tell more without knowing who has been on visits. I do like our chances with Carter Bradley, the fact that we just had a quarterback with a very similar built and skill set be our starter for the past 4 years and basically no competition moving forward should be a big selling point. I'm excited for Wednesday, expect 1-3 players from our commitment list not to sign, maybe one to flip and a couple of surprise signings too.

I think the thought is that most of the kids will sign early, we'll see on Wednesday.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:34 am   
Golden Panther

I think Bradley could be a lock for Toledo, especially with the programs success. If we could pull him in to FIU though... I would freak out. I wouldn't care who else we signed, he's the star.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:54 am   
Golden Panther

Awesome summary!! Some of these guys would be great additions, I'm just not sure if this list equates to "BIG SURPRISES"? To me it would allude to guys that seemingly have not even been on the public radar with FIU and potentially silent commits that we kept quiet because of the caliber of talent they are.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:14 pm   
Golden Panther

I'm so excited for this week! Bowl game Thursday and early singing through Friday! Holy cow!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:42 pm   
Golden Panther

Really glad y'all found my summary helpful. I thought about adding Hamilton Hall, but I figured he was too much of a long-shot. You never know!

In regard to "big surprises" I'm not sure if that's coach speak, trying to hype up the potential signings, or if we really do have some 4-star players out there that might flip/sign with us (Carter Bradley?).

In regard to losing any potential commitments, that would be really disappointing. I will point out, I haven't seen anything on Twitter about coaches making in-home visits to either Nathaniel Dell or Raymond Horton out of Mainland High. I believe the staff visited every other commit. It's possible they did visit these guys and they didn't post it, or maybe FIU is moving on from them? Regardless, both their Twitter accounts claim they are still FIU commits.

Last edited by Building A Dynasty on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 25  Next