It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:31 pm

THE Stadium Construction Thread

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:22 pm   
Juvenile Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:
RoaryIsMyHomeboy wrote:
411Panther wrote:
FIU and the next President need to get serious about upgrading facilities. Its a joke compared to other programs, we are getting by on the minimum. And when Butch leaves, FIU will be screwed. Hope he gets the stadium upgraded be fore he leaves. Sneaky Pete will not hesitate to screw FIU.

The worst part of all of this... is that FAU's stadium is GORGEOUS compared to ours.

Pains me so bad to say that.

And their training facilities are garbage compared to ours'.

http://fauowlaccess.com/floridaatlantic/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/1200Aerial-01-III.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:31 pm   
Golden Panther

FAU Connoisseur wrote:

Maybe someday, but as far as I know all you are doing right now is renovating existing facilities.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:09 pm   
Juvenile Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:
FAU Connoisseur wrote:

Maybe someday, but as far as I know all you are doing right now is renovating existing facilities.

30 mill in the bank

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:36 pm   
Golden Panther

FAU Connoisseur wrote:
JulesFIU07 wrote:
FAU Connoisseur wrote:

30 mill in the bank

So $20 million shortfall, you all going to go into more debt? Build big on credit, the Boca way.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:19 pm   
Golden Panther

[Tweet]https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/977281017806405632?s=19[/Tweet]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:59 pm   
Golden Panther

chiaPanther wrote:

Don't know why the tweet function is not working...but basically, UM has told FIU our stadium is too small to host UM at the only On Campus Stadium in Miami.

It's a "mutual" decision! Ha!! BS.

Chance to Gloat and beam with pride to host them at our Great Campus and it's our the door.

#FinishTheFckingStadium!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:02 am   
Golden Panther

chiaPanther wrote:
chiaPanther wrote:

Don't know why the tweet function is not working...but basically, UM has told FIU our stadium is too small to host UM at the only On Campus Stadium in Miami.

It's a "mutual" decision! Ha!! BS.

Chance to Gloat and beam with pride to host them at our Great Campus and it's our the door.

#FinishTheFckingStadium!!!

I totally buy it being a mutual decision. If anything... I think it's more likely FIU would be in favor of that move, not UM.

As the "home" team, FIU gets to keep most (if not all) of the ticket proceeds. (Not totally sure of that in this case, but I know that's normally the case with home games.)

If so... why would you want to host a game which would likely draw at least 50,000 at a 25,000 seat facility? That's shooting yourself in the foot financially.

If I was FIU, I would absolutely consider other sites for the UM game. You can't let that kind of cash get away. And expanding the stadium just for the right to host UM every once in a while is not a good reason to do it.

I'd stay away from Hard Rock since it's UM's home. I'd go for Marlins Park. But with the Marlins also in season then... that might get complicated. Hard Rock might be their only good option.

Personally... I would pursue a yearly neutral site setup. Think Florida-Georgia in Jacksonville. Doing UM-FIU at Marlins Park (just as an example) makes it an "event" game and gives both schools a chance to maximize revenue streams. Especially FIU. Whether Miami would agree to that is another story. I suspect they would not.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:04 am   
Juvenile Panther

Enough with wasting time with the Hotel. FIU failed with that Bridge and wasted yrs not expanding the stadium.
Enough with wasting time. Seems Rosenberg could care less about Football when in reality in brings in Millions $$.
Other schools in CUSA with FAU UCF and Miami are investing in Facilities, meanwhile FIU is falling behind and may never recover.
Build it now. Butch can get Dorsey or someone else to get it built period. Alot of Recruits see our stadium laugh.
When Butch is gone FIU is going to regret not expanding the Stadium and be relegated to heap-bin of CUSA.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:07 am   
Juvenile Panther

How about just Buy Marlins Stadium when the crappy Marlins are moved to a better market.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:33 am   
Golden Panther

FIUMiamiFan wrote:
Enough with wasting time with the Hotel. FIU failed with that Bridge and wasted yrs not expanding the stadium.
Enough with wasting time. Seems Rosenberg could care less about Football when in reality in brings in Millions $$.
Other schools in CUSA with FAU UCF and Miami are investing in Facilities, meanwhile FIU is falling behind and may never recover.
Build it now. Butch can get Dorsey or someone else to get it built period. Alot of Recruits see our stadium laugh.
When Butch is gone FIU is going to regret not expanding the Stadium and be relegated to heap-bin of CUSA.

This is a ridiculous post.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:49 am   
Golden Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:
FIUMiamiFan wrote:

This is a ridiculous post.

I agree, Jules.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:51 am   
Juvenile Panther

I think it's great and many in Miami will agree the stadium sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:56 am   
Golden Panther

FIUMiamiFan wrote:
I think it's great and many in Miami will agree the stadium sucks.

You're out of your element Donnie.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:45 pm   
Golden Panther

Don't any of you big stadium boosters ever watch TV? Ever take a look at the CUSA "crowds" at the other mid-major schools with 30 and 40k seat stadiums, even the ones that have "tradition" and stout seasons 2 years out of three? There haven't been 10,000 bodies walk through the doors of Don Strock Stadium in years. Twenty-one pages of posts regarding an expanding stadium. Talk about a waste of time. Maybe if BD puts a lights out program on the field by next year, and we start to schedule a couple of programs yearly from the non-tractor-pull circuit, enough football junkies will start to trickle in, and a few students will get the bug and it will actually seem like a game day out there and a discussion of stadium expansion won't sound like the outright lunacy it is now. As for myself, I intend to savor the next 3 or 4 years that--please, God--BD is around, attracting quality players and coaching them up and putting a competitive team on the field, something that we in all honesty have never had. Even our brief-lived glory days were attributable to the presence of T.Y. Hilton. Even when he was here, the teams were not deep and the coaching was marginal. When T.Y. was hurt or taking the day off, we looked like the middle of the pack bunch we truly were, the bowl game against Marshall being the perfect case in point. Come Fall, I will be at our glorified high school stadium chowing down on the worst hot dog in all of American fandom, eager to see if BD can elevate our 2.9 star average bunch to heights most think are unreachable. By way of comparison, it is such a pleasure to watch the Heat play as a TEAM this year, no leaning on a Shaq or a LeBron. For god's sake anyone could have won with those guys. What is fun is to watch an actual able coach put a game plan together and outwit the opponents. The Heat isn't going to win it all this post season and FIU is not going to go undefeated and print an ersatz national championship license plate and our stadium sucks and the students couldn't care less. I wish all those things were not true, but bottom line, I am just happy the university is keeping it all going for the sake of the 200 or so of us here on this board. Peace, out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:59 pm   
Cougar

^ end thread. The era when the stadium gets a consistent 15k, and not just in sales, we can talk.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next