It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:46 pm

National Signing Day

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:17 pm   
Golden Panther

Soo, counting transfers we signed 21 players, one 4 star, 17 3 star and 3 2 stars.

By that count we have 4 more scholarships for late additions, transfers and walk-ons.

Today was a good (not great) day.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:22 pm   
Golden Panther

I'd say it's pretty great since we covered our needs and will complement our previous classes. We in there.

Profile WWW ICQ YIM  
 PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:24 pm   
Golden Panther

reinierguerra wrote:
Soo, counting transfers we signed 21 players, one 4 star, 17 3 star and 3 2 stars.

By that count we have 4 more scholarships for late additions, transfers and walk-ons.

Today was a good (not great) day.

The coaches did exactly what they said they would do.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:34 pm   
Golden Panther

Building A Dynasty wrote:
Hahahahahaha Hahahaha Hahahaha

LOL. And that guy all cocky in Twitter even deleted his post. Hahahahaha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:00 pm   
Golden Panther

nothingxs wrote:
I'd say it's pretty great since we covered our needs and will complement our previous classes. We in there.

Completely agree. We didn’t have the two or three 4-Stars players we had last year (although one of our transfers is consensus 4-Stars), but a very solid class, especially if you take into account this year’s transfers. It’s great by itself, and still 4-5 more scholarships to be filled either with FBS transfers and/or late JUCO or HS signees.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:04 pm   
Golden Panther

we're going around in circles...
We can't have it both ways... last season we celebrated a no. 1 rank. This season we got beat.

Did last years No. 1 Class work out for us; I'd say HELL YESSS!
Did their No. 3 class work out for them? I'd say No (5-7).

There's trusting our coaches and then there is NSD. They are related but not the same.
This year they are #PaperChamps.

If you want to say, "I trust Butch Davis over any recruiting site (and I agree with that)", that's fine.
If you are going to sit there and complain about the recruiting sites, then why waste your time following them. Just sit back and wait for FIU to announce and disregard the rest of us that actually enjoy the recruiting, offers, commitment, decommitment process, star ratings, and PaperRankings.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:08 pm   
Golden Panther

Agree with Chia.

Also I don't think we filled the positions of need. Where are the DTs? We thought we had depth in that position last year and look at our stats against the run, we lost 2/4 of the starting DTs with A.Johnson and Jermaine Sheriff. Where are the replacements?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:56 pm   
Golden Panther

Well look at that, a bunch of our guys were re-rated by 247 and all but the K Heatherly are now 3 Star Players. Also our per player rating is higher than FAU's.

Fun stuff...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:43 pm   
Golden Panther

To summarize: our entire class is a consensus 3-star rating except for our JUCO punter who just so happened to be literally the best JUCO punter in the country. If you don't think this is a great class, you are delusional. This is the highest % of 3-star guys we have ever signed. The bar has been raised here at FIU thanks to Butch Davis and staff.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:30 pm   
Golden Panther

Building A Dynasty wrote:
To summarize: our entire class is a consensus 3-star rating except for our JUCO punter who just so happened to be literally the best JUCO punter in the country. If you don't think this is a great class, you are delusional. This is the highest % of 3-star guys we have ever signed. The bar has been raised here at FIU thanks to Butch Davis and staff.

Coño, you just took my words off my mouth. It’s ridiculous for someone to say our class sucks, or is not good, or anything like that. The per player average is even higher than last season! The only difference is that so far, only 17 players are taken into account, compared to the 24 of 2018 which were accounted for. And that is with JUCO’s #1 rated punter being ridiculously rated at .7533. Also, Shamar Hubdy-Lee is not accounted for yet.

Sure, AT THIS MOMENT, we are #8 in CUSA On Paper, and FAU is #1. That’s the truth. Period. But we have a higher per player average, even WITHOUT the transfers, one of them a ESPN 4-Stars player just a couple years ago, with the other two consensus 3-Stars. THOSE 3 players would rank #1, #3, and #9 in this current list of 17 players. If you add those 3 players, I’d argue our total points would be very, very close to CUSA’s current leader. Point is, guys, this is a GREAT class!!! No other way to see it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:05 pm   
Golden Panther

Underdog Dynasty FIU recruiting story: https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2019/2/ ... endre-gant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:09 pm   
Golden Panther

To be clear, I’m not saying that our class sucks. In fact no one on here has said anything close to that...

I like the class. These are all the players identified by Butch and Staff.

In my opinion, we lack depth at DT and that wasn’t addressed so far.

The per player average is second in the conference, Butch brought in transfers who were once highly regarded and he has 4 scholarships available for Grad Transfers.

Last season Butch Added Freeman and Morgan. They helped change the season.
Let’s see what happens between now and July!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:30 pm   
Golden Panther

I agree with you Chia. DT hasn’t been addressed yet.

My point wasn’t directed at you, Chia, but for some of our good fans that were almost panicking for what they perceived as us having a subpar class, prior to 247Sports adding our signees and/or re-adjusting their ratings, perhaps because they thought FAU’s class was that much better and our #9 (at the moment) CUSA ranking. Well, at the end of the day, we are still ranked #8, but our per player average-without the higher rated transfers taken into account- was still higher than everybody in CUSA except UNT. In fact, higher than last year’s #1 ranked CUSA class. We still have 4-5 scholarship players to be added to our team, and I’m sure Butch will address the apparent shortcomings we still may have, namely DL.

This is a great class so far. And with ample space (at least 4 more players possible) to be even better than what is it right now. The other schools are already close to or at their maximum allowable schollies. We ain’t done yet.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:58 pm   
Golden Panther

#WeAintDoneYet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:06 pm   
Golden Panther

Some of you guys need to take a pill. Last time I checked, the games are going to be played on the field, not in some data bank that ranks the capabilities of a bunch of 17 year olds. Splitting hairs over the differences in unproven recruits at the CUSA level, many of whom will never enroll, is, quite frankly, ludicrous. I think the best get we got is the JUCO punter, so 247 can go ononate itself. That kid will quite likely, change the outcome of a number of games, all by himself, so any jerkoff ratings system that does not take such a thing into account--nor the three or four transfers to come--is not worth the powder to blow it to hell. When is September, anyway?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next