It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:58 pm

FIU Men's Soccer having another great start to the season!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:26 am   
Golden Panther

FIU is 16th ranked with a 6-0-2 record! This is a team we need to support! Next game is Saturday September 28th at 8pm.

I don't like the Saturday night games because it runs in to scheduling issues with FIU football, but Soccer definitely deserves respect!

Keep it up FIU!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:38 am   
Golden Panther

True all that. Congrats to our team and coaching staff!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:27 am   
Golden Panther

FIU Beisbol wrote:
FIU is 16th ranked with a 6-0-2 record! This is a team we need to support! Next game is Saturday September 28th at 8pm.

I don't like the Saturday night games because it runs in to scheduling issues with FIU football, but Soccer definitely deserves respect!

Keep it up FIU!

Maybe we should embrace the sport of the future today?

Congrats guys, keep up the great work.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:42 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Happy to see that they're doing so well. I'll be taking my family when they're up playing USF in a few weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:16 pm   
Golden Panther

Good news is this Saturday there's no football game so we can all support this game. It's an away game, but still, find a way to support.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:29 am   
Golden Panther

FIU Beisbol wrote:

Keep it up FIU!

I agree on the games, but I can also understand why you'd want it to be Saturday. It's the traditional day for college sports in America.

At the very least, they should schedule the games at different times if they're going to insist on both being the same day. If one started 3 or 4 hours earlier than the other, that would make a big difference.

I'd offer some sort of 2 for 1 deal for fans on those days. Maybe offer free entry to men's soccer with a full-price football ticket (or the other way around)?

This is a bit out of the box here, but why not allow tailgates on the football practice field when soccer's at home? Or maybe use the baseball field since it's not in season? That would be a great way to mix the two sports together.

All the above is assuming you can find a good way to protect the grass... but I suspect that's doable. In baseball's case, it's not like they wouldn't have plenty of time to fix any field issues before their season starts.

JulesFIU07 wrote:
FIU Beisbol wrote:

Keep it up FIU!

Maybe we should embrace the sport of the future today?

Congrats guys, keep up the great work.

I have never understood why FIU's admins don't do more for soccer. It is (arguably) FIU's easiest path to relevance in athletics, at least for a men's sport. Miami doesn't field a men's soccer team (which still blows my mind).

FIU men's soccer has had its ups and downs, granted, but it's the only FIU program with national titles to its name (in D-II) and a trip to the D-I title game (1996). The culture of Miami is very soccer-friendly. The game itself draws a lot of internationals, which fits right in to the school culture (and the name). And FIU has shown it can win at the top level.

Unfortunately, the school administration has never fully committed to this program, and I can't understand why. I still find it crazy that this program was actually cut at one point. Thank God that didn't happen.

I'm glad FIU has made some improvements to the stadium, but it still sucks, especially compared to other CUSA schools. I imagine they still don't promote soccer in any meaningful way. I get that it's not a "revenue" sport, but soccer's an established sport in this country now and FIU is in an excellent position to be a powerhouse in it if they just invest more in it.

I don't see any good reason FIU can't average 5,000 fans a game (or more), especially if the NCAA embraces FIFA rules (as it should).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:57 am   
Golden Panther

Yah, I agree. FIU admin doesn't do enough to make soccer a major sport at FIU. I get that football is the bread and butter of college athletics, but our soccer team has been pretty good the last few seasons and can really be a big time national program with the right moves.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:01 pm   
Golden Panther

FIU soccer rises to 13th ranked in the nation!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:21 am   
Golden Panther

Huge game for our 12th ranked FIU Men's soccer team vs in conference foe Charlotte, 10th ranked team. We are playing at home Friday night and this team needs our support! Let's go Panthers! Paws up!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:50 pm   
Site Admin

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-articles/top-5-matches:-friday-fest_aid47089

Quote:
No. 8 Charlotte (8-1-3, 3-0-2) at No. 21 Florida International (9-0-3, 4-0), 7 p.m. (CUSA.tv)

Similar to IU, Florida International can take control of their own conference chase with a win against the visiting 49ers. Neutralizing Teddy Chaouche is key, as the senior from France has been very influential this season. A big win against Kentucky last week put the Panthers in position to continue their perfect run in the Conference USA; three difference players have scored five times, as Andrew Booth, Alessandro Campoy and Caleb Franke offer FIU a plethora of options in attack.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:11 am   
Golden Panther

FIU and Charlotte draw, a 0-0 score. Next up USF!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:43 pm   
Golden Panther

Another draw for FIU, 2-2 tie after a late come back. At least we are still undefeated! Charlotte lost yesterday, but it was out of conference.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:46 pm   
Golden Panther

FIU next plays a week from today, next Friday against South Carolina, an important in conference game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:27 am   
Golden Panther

FIU is now ranked number 13 in the nation after the tie last week. FIU plays this friday night.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:24 pm   
Golden Panther

FIU drops to number 19 after the loss to south carolina..... but apparently I'm talking to myself... so... hey.. how's it going?

Good, I'm fine. And you?

Great, thanks!

TTYL.